rumproast789

Fi Btl Box design pic

Okay so, I got my designs, and lowes completly messed up all the cuts, so I have to take it back and complain and hope that they give me new wood or something..... So in the meantime, I just "sketched" up this box.

Here is a pic

2ry2cfr.png

here is the google sketchup file

http://files.filefront.com/fibtl18skp/;13080625;/fileinfo.html

for anyone who wants it

Let me know what you all think! (I didn't make up the specs for this, a help from another member on this site did, I just drew it)

Edited by rumproast789

lowes is never gonig to get the cuts right. they simply don't care. cut it yourself or find a buddy who has the equipment for the job

lowes is never gonig to get the cuts right. they simply don't care. cut it yourself or find a buddy who has the equipment for the job

I used to work for Lowe's, and they aren't responsible/required to get the cuts exactly correct. I think the policy is within 1/4".

The best way to make sure the dimensions are correct (if you HAVE to have them cut it) is to have all the horizontal cuts (out of the 4x8 sheet) done first, then have the vertical cuts done approximately 1/4" over the size you need. Then, cut them to the exact length you need with your own saw and a guide. If you don't have one, invest in one, they are lifesavers if you need to make a straight tapered cut.

Yeah I used to work for home depot in the lumber department. He's correct about not being responsible for exact cuts. Eventually I got to know the saw better and was able to make exact cuts for people. But if the person really doesnt care your screwed. You can try to measure out all the pieces on the board and use a T-sqaure to sketch it out. Then have the associate cut on the lines.

Yea I tried the lows thing not a good idea after all a 1/4 inch off from one end of the cut to the other.. What a mess that was.. :(