Chevy350TPI

What The Heck ...

Got the uberwoofer beatin' away in the hatch.

Accelerate fairly hard and there's a high pitched noise coming from under the hood. It's like a screetch ...

Belt? I don't know.

I can't pinpoint it ... because it's only from a stopped position under fairly heavy acceleration. I can just hear the noise ... so it's pretty loud to be heard over the uberwoofer. Didn't have this problem in the winter. Didn't have this problem with the uberwoofer before. Only started a few weeks ago maybe ... when it stopped freezing overnight and the daytime was a little bit warmer. It happens only once in a while. Doesn't happen in the mornings. Only in the afternoons it seems. Only when the stereo is turned up pretty good. 27/35 or so on the Alpine. Happens on left turns more over than on right turns it seems. Only once in a straight line.

Any help is appreciated.

Misaligned belt perhaps? Did they replace the tensioner when it got fixed? Maybe a bad pulley or shaft somewhere? My alternator on my 95 did this same funny thing right before it went out.

haha, I am baffled, more on left turns under heavy throttle when the stereo is up, humm I am still lost

Misaligned belt perhaps?  Did they replace the tensioner when it got fixed?  Maybe a bad pulley or shaft somewhere?  My alternator on my 95 did this same funny thing right before it went out.

I'd have to think the tensioner or accessory belts. the time of day et al might only add up because of the slight increase in temp in the engine bay...but that's a bit of a stretch. :glare:

Happened today when I geared down going down a hill. Pisses me right the fudge off because it sounds like chit.

Misaligned belt perhaps?