mikel7829

bl suggestions

ok im fixing to order in a few days so i was going to get some opinions on what i have come up with what im looking at...

i have been kind of stuck between the btl and bl....but i've finally decided on the bl

i will be going with two 12""

on the options im going with dual 1, cooling,flatwind,daily, as far as the universal i dont plan on needing to change the impedence.....

going to giving them around 2500rms in a 6 cu ft enclosure before sub and port displacement @35hz

how does this sound....

I think 6 cubes will be a little too big with how much power you're going to send them. Maybe shrink it to 5 cubes or so?

I think 6 cubes will be a little too big with how much power you're going to send them. Maybe shrink it to 5 cubes or so?

2200 - 2500rms the 6 cubes is before sub and port displacement

Yeah I mean with that much power you wouldn't need 3 cubes per sub. Try and aim for 2.5 cubes each with 1200 or so per woofer after displacements.

Edited by KHARPS

Yeah I mean with that much power you wouldn't need 3 cubes per sub. Try and aim for 2.5 cubes each with 1200 or so per woofer after displacements.

You're missing the point. Keyword: Before. After port and sub displacement is probably 2 cubes. Which, Mikel, why don't you tell us what that is? The before number is useless to us. and what amp are you going with?

You're missing the point. Keyword: Before. After port and sub displacement is probably 2 cubes. Which, Mikel, why don't you tell us what that is? The before number is useless to us. and what amp are you going with?

lol yea i haven't set down and figured it out yet for the port and sub displacement , but i know i am going to get atleast 5-5.5 pending how much the port eat's up the enclosure measurements i have figured on is 34w 15h 28d total of 6.72852 cubes im shooting for 35hz as far as the port goes, what is the best way to go with this?as far as the port design,from the mesurments i have to work with? and for the amp it's a ..AQ2200d :bigclap:

I'm afraid you're going about this backwards. You need to figure out what airspace you want the subs to have, then work from there. Don't start with preset measurements for the whole box then work out what airspace the subs will see later. You'll need the airspace that the subs will have (after all displacements) to figure out the port length and tuning anyway.

I'm afraid you're going about this backwards. You need to figure out what airspace you want the subs to have, then work from there. Don't start with preset measurements for the whole box then work out what airspace the subs will see later. You'll need the airspace that the subs will have (after all displacements) to figure out the port length and tuning anyway.

thats what i said the first time?....5 cubes is what i am giving them after after all displacements

Edited by mikel7829

I don't see where you said 5 cubes after displacements. You said at least 5-5.5 depending on how much the port takes up. But that's my point. The port length depends on the box size after displacements. So it's kinda backwards to have a gross box volume and work out the port, then just find out what the net box size is arbitrarily at the end of it all. Not to mention that you won't know the tune of the port until you set it and get a net box volume. Then you may have to adjust the port again to get the right tune with the new net volume. Then you'll have to change the port to make the tuning frequency right again, which will then again affect net volume, etc. etc. etc.

I don't see where you said 5 cubes after displacements. You said at least 5-5.5 depending on how much the port takes up. But that's my point. The port length depends on the box size after displacements. So it's kinda backwards to have a gross box volume and work out the port, then just find out what the net box size is arbitrarily at the end of it all. Not to mention that you won't know the tune of the port until you set it and get a net box volume. Then you may have to adjust the port again to get the right tune with the new net volume. Then you'll have to change the port to make the tuning frequency right again, which will then again affect net volume, etc. etc. etc.

whatever dude........thanx anyway but i already got what i need figured out.....lol

ooooooook. why did you even ask then? Sorry for wasting your and my time.

ooooooook. why did you even ask then? Sorry for wasting your and my time.

sooooryyyyyyyy dude!!!!!! ....chill.... lmao :drink40:

sounds ok. ive ordered 2 loaded BL12"s myself and build a box that is around 4.1 cbf after displacement and the box is huge so make sure you have the space when you talk about 6 Ft

sounds ok. ive ordered 2 loaded BL12"s myself and build a box that is around 4.1 cbf after displacement and the box is huge so make sure you have the space when you talk about 6 Ft

actually im down sizing :bigclap: got 3- cvr12's now......7.5 cubes@38hz but im going to go with the bl's and drop a couple of cubes on the enclouser to see if that might help some cancelation issues plus....FI>kicker :wacky: