Sign in to follow this  
mjmarovi

Missed Excitement

So i was thinking, man do i really need the ProL1s? i need to replace my current L1 tweets (calling you about that tomo Scott) and i was looking online and saw a L1v2? Wow am I excited have to pick some up. They look absolutely litterly jaw-dropping jump out of my seat tell everyone i know look i what i'm getting! TWEETS! LOL.

and looks like the rest of the legatia pro lineup is on its way?? wow you been hard at work Mr. Buwalda. just had to say thanks for all the excitement and i can't wait to get back in the garage and get this build finished for SBN 09'!!! nice work!!

oh yeh, anyone have the opportunity to install these buggers and compare them to the old L1?

sorry been away from the audio world for almost 6 months now....can you tell i'm excited to be back? haha

i think 210 bucks for a pair of high-end tweets like those is a good price. not going to say that is not expensive for tweets, but to find anything close to hybrid quality you would definitely be spending more.

Sounds great, by the time I get my new whip, they will have everything out. I'm gonna go all out on my next setup, do it right the first time screw it. I wonder if HAT ever going to release subs :)

if only they cost that much around here, they ask $2000 singapore dollar for a 3-way setup. if they were 210 ill take them any day.

as for the crossover i think most who run high end speakers will run active anyway

if only they cost that much around here, they ask $2000 singapore dollar for a 3-way setup. if they were 210 ill take them any day.

as for the crossover i think most who run high end speakers will run active anyway

Well its 210 for just the tweeter.... its over 1k+ for the 3-way depending on which one you choose. Most will run active yes, but its going to be high quality crossovers that will sound amazing.

As of right now, they are not coming out with any subwoofers. David did tell me he will be running a prototype Legatia 12 this season,he has the only 2 in north amaerica. They we thinking of coming out with subwoofers but never went to production.Along with seven Sundown 100.2's.

Yeah I remember him talking briefly about the 12's. One day in the distant future :)

that would be sick, would have to make room for them somwehere....

oh yes, and I love the L1V2 tweets, although I loved the original L1's, the new V2 tweets are def. an improvement. gotta love those little push terminals! and the machined aluminum is superb! (looks amazing on black suede)

Hey guys:

I am sooooo sorry for my delay in response. It's Daytona Spring Break Nationals/IASCA North American Finals time upon us right now, and we've been scrambling pretty hard to pull together a notable presence for the show!

The V2 tweeter is indeed out, and is shipping. It's available in silver or black. There are many marked improvements over the original L1. The original L1 was a fantastic tweeter, don't get me wrong, but we found some areas that could be tweaked, such as going to a fully turned aluminum body to control dome resonance, spring-loaded push terminals, lower resonance to better accomodate the use in two-way systems, 4 ohm nominal impedance, higher power handling (doubled over the original L1), higher sensitivity, and better linear response. When comapring the two tweeters side by side, I prefer the V2 over the original L1. It has more depth and presence, especially above 12,000 Hz. This tweeter plays essentially flat to 20,000 Hz, just like its big brother the L1 Pro.

As of right now, we don't have any designs on entering the subwoofer market. I am sure we could good up something real good, but with a lot of great brands out there already in the $250-400 range, we probably wouldn't be very competitive. We'll stick to front-stage speakers for now. David Ecwards is indeed running some prototype 12's this season though, so go and listen to Dave's car sometime this year and let me know what you think of our subs! They are pretty (they're prototypes), but they do sound good.

Hybrid 12's would be appealing, do have to say though, I'm lovin Fi car audio's new Ib3 woofer, 550w RMS at 20hz, yes at 20hz, and they rumble, made in 12s, 15,s and 18s. They also have a lower power handling even more SQ version called the Ib2. Not on their site, but if you call you can get one. Well priced as well, picked up a 12 for 195 to the door, in my buddies mustang GT, and the quality is absolutely awesome, plays every note and does everything we ask of it, only problem is keeping it tamed...at higher volume levels it has a tendency to break off screw heads as if they were finishing nails holding a roof truss, hopefully the 1/2" bolts will make a difference....

OH YEH STILL LOVIN THE V2'S, not sure if I will have the install SQi ready for next weekend though Scott! :(