What all are you guys using?

I'm looking for a decent alarm. Nothing too expensive. Vehicle doesn't have power doors/windows, so don't need something too special.

I really, really don't like dealing with alarms. I detest alarms.

Glass breaking sensors are good ... and I don't mind if it chirps if someone bumps into it.

easy one here steve...

trunk monkey ;)

Good call.

It would be tough trying to stick Kent in a hatch though.

Did you read last month's issue of CA&E? I just picked up that Prestige they reviewed in there. Does WAY more than I would ever need, but I got it for $150 on Ebay. Has an MSRP of over $500.

They tested the useful range to be 1000+ feet and it even worked around and through buildings. The Viper tested against it didn't. This one also has the cool little LCD screen on the FOB.

I'll have to look into that one.

I'll pick up the mag tomorrow and take a look.

Model number is APS-996A.

I'll hook you up on the wiring also. Make it a snap for ya!

speaking of that, did you send the CD out Ryan?

Pay attention to this section. I'm going to make a bunch of copies and send them out to everyone.

speaking of that, did you send the CD out Ryan?

Pay attention to this section. I'm going to make a bunch of copies and send them out to everyone.

oky doky then :woot:

Did you read last month's issue of CA&E?    I just picked up that Prestige they reviewed in there.  Does WAY more than I would ever need, but I got it for $150 on Ebay.  Has an MSRP of over $500.

They tested the useful range to be 1000+ feet and it even worked around and through buildings.  The Viper tested against it didn't.  This one also has the cool little LCD screen on the FOB.

Hmm...might have to check that out

My friend needs an alarm on his car, spensive stuff in there

My teammate and I just put a 791XV Viper Alarm into my Newly Acquired Nissan 240sx. The alarm itself was 200$ shipped(600$ in stores). I added, Motion sensor, and glass breakage sensor and an additional siren with back up battery, plus some acculators for auto door locks.

Its a very nice setup, I'd look into it definately if i were u Steve, very nice alarm.

How do these alarms work on a vehicle without power windows, doors, and locks ... ?

Good call.

It would be tough trying to stick Kent in a hatch though.

and i guess i wasn't supposed to read this? :finger:

though i'd make a pretty good deterrent. :nutkick: whether it to be keep thieves away or the owners away :fart::P

anyway, i'm needing an alarm myself, the wife says i can't sleep in my truck with my .40..... :gheychase:

bastages..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm looking at adding a few things to my factory alarm since my system is so expensive. Here is what I am thinking:

A pair of mini pizeo horns, one in the passenger side footwell and the other somewhere in the hatch. Supposedly they hurt your ears thats how loud they are.

Next I am looking at a tilt sensor to protect my wheels.

I also am looking at a hood pin and maybe another siren for the outside.

Any other suggestions? I should be able to get away with all of that for about 40 bucks on ebay.