fritosaregood

New Suspension?

Ive run a very heavy system in my trunk for a while, and it dropped my rear suspension, and raised my front, ruining my acceleration and handling, this summer i plan on doublin the weight of the system. But before i do so, i need a suspension upgrade. at first i looked at an air ride, but i dont have room for the tank. so ive decided on a coilover suspension. The problem is, i have no idea what is a good brand, where to buy, what specs are good or bad. Im also not tryin to spend a ton of money. a quick search on yahoo gave prices from 800 to 1200++++. Id really like an affordable one just to help with weight. My car is a 95 accord, approx wieght of new system.....425lbs+-50...plus about 2.5 dynamat extreme trunk kits

air shocks can help.

air shocks dont take a tank.

they have an air line.... and you filll them to your highth of ride you want, no takes no on board compresser.

Well man i can help you with a new suspension if you would like. I know a company that designed a suspension specifically for heavy stereo systems, i am trying to find them again!! But good luck with your search and let me know if i can help you. Thanks man.

Coil overs are your best bet. Check out one of the million Honda forums and they should be able to help you out.

I would never go with air shocks. Shock mounting points are not designed to take the stress of the entire weight of a car, that's the springs job. Plus it will ride and handle horrible. This would be the cheapest and easiest method, however.