Sign in to follow this  
bradknob

Pros vs. Cons of refurb amps???

I was debating on buying a refurb or not. Db-r has some good deals, but being that they are rebuilt by db-r and not sundown, i was kinda iffy if the build quality would be the same. Maybe its just me but when i hear refurb, i think defected product that will probably break again. They do have a 1 year warranty which is helps. I guess im just looking for a little input on what everyone thinks about refurbs. Thanks

I would trust Db-r they are actually the authorized sundown repair center, so they know the product. Also, once something is fixed does not mean it will break again it could have been broken for many reasons.

no worries about DB-R he is a very much authorized to repair the amps he also helps give Jacob Ideas to make future revisions of the amps much more durable

dbr ftw

I think most of the time if you send your amp back in to the manufacturer, they just give you a whole new board and send it back as refurbed. DB-r may take the time to check everything and only replace the parts needed, but I wouldn't hesitate about the quality. Besides, if anything would break after you get it back because it wasn't replaced during the refurb, I'm about 98% sure it would happen within the year warranty.

I just got a saz-3000 from chris at db-r.

basically what he said, is that most amps that come in are from vibration type of damage, not fried. that from a factory, they have a tendency to have light solder in places. He fixes that, and double checks everything else... so IMO better than new....

mines a beast....

actually, just demo'd and had another jumper....

YOU CANT HANDLE THE BASS.....

Sweet. thats what i wanted to hear. saz 1500d and IA DR 15" coming soon!!!

great choice, i love my db-r refurbs, my 1500d is a tank.

This whole thread answered your question already