Sign in to follow this  
crosspug

Anyone tried IXL 10 I.B.?

As the thread title gives away I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried the IXL10 IB? or if they would even work in that setup.

Basically I've got a mate building a comp SQ car and wants either 8 or 10in drivers under the front seats in IB (yep venting outside the car) :Doh: lots of metal cutting on this one.

T.S. specs for the 10 aren't perfect but thought someone might have tried anyway and could give an opinion.

Any thoughts yay or nay are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jono :turkey:

Cool, he's yet to decide what amp to use but I doubt they'll be getting much more than 2-300wrms each as he's using all ol'school amps (orion xtreme 800.2, Earthquake 4300TXO's, M44, Rockford 100ix etc....

Edited by crosspug

If units are being mounted in the floor of a vehicle to vent outside, I will have to formally state that Mach 5 drivers are not recommended.

Thought you might say that ;)

Needless to say it may sound stupid but................... we'll see......

you could always try fi they have ib subs im sure they could get you a pair of 10's email them. you dont plan on driving the vehicle daily do you. if you do id do something to protect the subs.

Thanks for the info re:subs....

As for daily, no not daily but still occasional use. He intends to create suitable protection for them though.

Thanks for the info re:subs....

As for daily, no not daily but still occasional use. He intends to create suitable protection for them though.

How do you protect them from the elements and run them IB through the floor?

Why not just box em through the floor? The ixl 10's don't need much space and you can get a more gradual rolloff with a sealed box than IB.

Just curious why IB is a requirement. I can see running bigger drivers IB (ixl 15 or 18) due to the box requirements, but I can't wrap my head around why you would want to IB the 10s. They don't have a lot of cone area, with their fairly low qts they will roll off fairly quickly (can't remember off my head the qts of the 10s, though the 15 and 18 seemed to model well IB) and it will dramatically reduce the power handling as they will reach mechanical limitations quickly.

Basically the reason the question was asked is because a mate is determined to have this setup but is yet to pick what drivers to use. He heard the IXL10 in my ported setup and was curious that is all.

RE: the Ots and power handling, I saw that before but thought I'd ask if anyone has actually tried it just in case it worked well.

Thanks for the input guys (I really do appreciate it), it is decided that it is a bad itea anyway! (Funnily enough!).

Jono