btchn1

Recone a Hyfonics Goliath

I have a 15 inch Hyfonics goliath quad coil sub that the spider surround came unglued and it fryed the sub. Does anyone know where I can get a recone for this sub?

Those are two different failings you mentioned, one mechanical and one thermal. Are you sure the voice coil is actually fried? They rarely go hand-in-hand.

It was my little brothers sub and after half of the spider came unglued he didn't realize it and kept on pounding. The voice coil rubbed pretty bad and ended up killing the sub.

is it a quad?

If you want a good answer, it would be best to measure the coil and gap then email the companies that could possibly do it.

is it a quad?

READ at the top he says its a quad

:Doh:

calm down squirt

Have you emailed hifonics already to see if they'll do it?

Hifonics won't have recones for the goliath subs , and really could care less ,at least that was the way it was put to me.

So they just want to sell you the product and be done with it. Nice customer service.

So they just want to sell you the product and be done with it. Nice customer service.

Well that's Hifoincs for you.

To the OP: Contact Fi and see what they can do.

I have contacted hyfonics a couple times and no response. I don't think I will be doing any business with them in the future. I have sent an email to FI, but I think he is really busy and hasn't gotten back to me. I will try the pierce link though, I forgot all about them. Thanks, Lee

I have contacted hyfonics a couple times and no response. I don't think I will be doing any business with them in the future. I have sent an email to FI, but I think he is really busy and hasn't gotten back to me. I will try the pierce link though, I forgot all about them. Thanks, Lee

Wise choice