Sign in to follow this  
joselmartinez

ascendant audio chaos for my home audio

hello everyone, i used to have apair of AA chaos 10" in my car, but i dismanteled the system to sell the car and i'm trying to use the subs to build 2 separate boxes for my home audio, just for music, i have a nakamichi RE-10 stereo receiver, with only 4 speaker connection, no sub output, also I build two speakerr out of the crossfire s.5 and add 2 pyle pro tweeters, with a B&W crossover that i have save from other system, the subs are DVC 1 ohm.

what can i do to build the boxes and how to power them?

I'll appreciate any help.

i'd get a nice plate amp. then just build 2 ported boxes tuned low. or build something crazy like a t-line or horn for a more pronounced low end.

You might be able to get a plate amp and run two channels to high level inputs on the amp. The B&W crossover may be a bad idea. A crossover is typically designed for specific woofers and tweeters to be utilized. It will work, but probably not sound very nice. If it's going to be used for music you can probably follow the recommendations for car audio boxes. But room gain will be different than cabin gain. This is probably going to have to be a trial and error thing.

I bought a plate amp from O Audio for my buddies Si MAG. Top notch build quality, but I've yet to put it to actual use.

Lucky for you they are dual 1 ohm. You can wire all four coils in series for a 4 ohm load.

Plate amp wil be your best bet. how much do you want to spend?

The 500 watt bash is only $228 at Parts Express.

Or they have a 240 watt for $115.

Brian

The Bash series is what I run for my home theater. It does well for music, but the SSF is a little high for HT use. (I know you're after music, so it probably won't matter to you :P)