Sign in to follow this  
rumproast789

MA Audio MA5082HX

Has anyone here heard of it or used it? It seems a bit old but IDC much about that. As long as it works.

What do you guys think of it? does it put out near rated power? Don't these have a lot of current draw, and are power hungry?

LMK because I think I just found a HECK of a deal on this amp...

Powering a Fi BTL, wired at 1 ohm but will most likely have the gain alll the way down.

3n73m73o7ZZZZZZZZZ92q47a118e9ed0a1595.jpg

looks a little different than the 5082 I've seen...

He called it the 582hx, no google searches came up...

Edited by rumproast789

decent amp, power hungry as all get out... Puts out a decent amount of power.. I owned this one before I tested power output so I'm not real sure on what they can do... I think I paid 600 for my amp, ran it a whole season.. did well..

**I hated the wiring hook-ups.... you have to unmount the amp to access any of the wiring... meaning you also have to have it fully wired up before mounting... Just a pain when you use terminal cup-less boxes.---the wiring pain is why I sold mine, it was very annoying..

Other than that I liked the amp... I swapped mine for two soundstream rub1000.2's back in the day... the pair of 1000.2's outperformed the amp when hooked to the same woofers/box (I gained 1-1.5db from the amp switch)