stinky06

fi315ib

hi, i am considering installing 2- 15'' ib drivers in my vehicle,but weight is a serious concern. does anyone know the weight of a single fi 315 ib?

thanx/marty

I doubt you have the volume to effectively allow two 15" IB drivers to breathe.

Unless you drive a Ford Econoline.

I guestimate about 20 kg's per piece. Maybe can use this as an exscuse to get some air-shocks

lol@20kg's.... it's not an orion 500 000 gigawatt spl sub . unless the spider is made of cast iron.>>> just for comparison's sake , a same sized ae sub is 8.6 kilograms and they are vey similar in construction.

air-shocks???? why not full hydraulics? :Doh:

I doubt you have the volume to effectively allow two 15" IB drivers to breathe.

Unless you drive a Ford Econoline.

actually ,thats what it's for....got the back all shag carpeted, with a bar and bed.....

back to the main question, plz.....

I guestimate about 20 kg's per piece. Maybe can use this as an exscuse to get some air-shocks

lol@20kg's.... it's not an orion 500 000 gigawatt spl sub . unless the spider is made of cast iron.>>> just for comparison's sake , a same sized ae sub is 8.6 kilograms and they are vey similar in construction.

well obviously you are a smart ass so why ask questions in the fist place? :suicide-santa:

well obviously you are a smart ass so why ask questions in the fist place? :suicide-santa:

i asked a simple question on weight ,not air shocks .....

why does have to be like having a tooth pulled?

and i suppose ur air-shock suggestion was not being a smart-ass???...pfffff

i'll just use THE damn phone.... :bull:

why wouldn't they be around 40lbs? you asked a question and people gave an answer. my bl 12's were pretty heavy (around 40 i think), so i could imagine the ib3 15's would possibly be in that range also (i dont know a whole lot about the motor)

running 2 15's IB wouldn't be too much of a weight issue i think

...and if you think they weight 20lbs each anyway, why are you concerned about weight...thats like a load of groceries.

I don't understand why you're so worried about weight. If you're getting two fifteens anyway, a crappy 15 may weigh 10 pounds but the IB3 may weigh 40. You'll never notice the extra 60 pounds. That's less than a passenger. And with a bar and a bed in there that probably weigh 150 pounds...????

id say 25lbs a piece since my SSD has a similar motor weight mine was shipped as 26 lbs.

i asked a simple question on weight ,not air shocks .....

why does have to be like having a tooth pulled?

and i suppose ur air-shock suggestion was not being a smart-ass???...pfffff

i'll just use THE damn phone.... :bull:

Maybe you should change ur aviater while you are at it, someone might just notice your ugly mug on the road.

Maybe you should go back to CA.com where you came from; Im sure the type there will be more suited to you.

have fun ;)