Sign in to follow this  
LazyFcuk

New Comer

Im looking to install new sub woofers in my for explorer. I have $1100 for a amp and the subs. I have been looking at the Fi q's 15's and right now im a little confused on what I should be looking for. I am looking for good loud deep bass that will wake up my neighbors. Any suggestions would be great as well as box sizes and ported/sealed.

Get 2 15" Fi Q's or BLs (Each are $264) and an Audioque 2200D ($389).

They will wake up for sure, just be sure to put them in the right box.

will that require a new battery or alternator? Stock explorer has a 95a alt and 640 amp bat.

You're looking to wake up your neighbors? Great. I really think you need to reevaluate a few things before you're ready for such responsibility.

will that require a new battery or alternator? Stock explorer has a 95a alt and 640 amp bat.

Might wanna get a higher output alternator, but I'm not sure on that one, if you throw another battery in there and do the big 3, you should be good, but I'm not positive.

You're looking to wake up your neighbors? Great. I really think you need to reevaluate a few things before you're ready for such responsibility.

Just another way to say I want to it be loud, didn't mean it literally.

Okay, good. In that case, there is help here. :)

You have $1100 dollars for subs and an amp. Does this include wiring, fuses, etc? Or is that already purchased. How much air space do you have to work with?

You have $1100 dollars for subs and an amp. Does this include wiring, fuses, etc? Or is that already purchased. How much air space do you have to work with?

naw im adding wiring seprately most likely unless I can still get a good system with it included. Now air space hmm not sure but its a 4 door explorer and they will be placed in the trunk.

naw im adding wiring seprately most likely unless I can still get a good system with it included. Now air space hmm not sure but its a 4 door explorer and they will be placed in the trunk.

Well if you're considering anything over 1000watts it's also time to start thinking of replacing batteries and adding extra ones. Do you have an OVERALL budget?

its a 2000 explorer 4door 4x4

Now overall budget about $1600 can.

It may not be alot but im a student and will be working full time in the summer, and I still have to pay 202/month insurance and about 45 a month on gas.

Have you thought about doing a single 18" maybe? Do a single 18" BL on a Sundown 1500D?

Have you thought about doing a single 18" maybe? Do a single 18" BL on a Sundown 1500D?

that would definitely save me some cash but what db's do you think i would hit.

There is absolutely no way to tell. I'm just trying to stay within budget, maybe keep a little extra cash in your pocket if possible.

There really is no way I could tell you what you would meter, But Ive seen people around on the forums that are in the low to mid 140's with a single 18" Q

Now am I needing to do anything with my battery? Also a 9cuft ported sound right?

It depends on how much current you're going to be drawing. That would be a good sized box for a BL 18. If you run a 1500D on that you'll probably be fine with a nice sized starting battery and the Big3.

Personally I would do 7 cubic feet at like 30-32 hz..

And as for your battery, It really depends on how low your voltage is dropping to.

I would first buy all of your equipment and hook it up and then find out if you need an after market battery under the hood or what not.

thanks I think I get the gist of it. Now here is my over view of prices in Canadian.

Sub- $440

Amp-659.00

Box-?

Wiring-?

Deck-200

Big 3-?

box could be as cheap as 35$ if you build it yourself. I'm sure someone here could get you plans if you give them dimensions. but to have it built your looking up towards 200.

wiring is tough to say its different for every car, but maybe around 125

you can get a good deal on some 1/0 wire on eBay. from what i've heard wire is wire.

Big 3 is just extra power wire and connectors i would use 1/0 gauge on it all under 50$

Sign in to follow this