Which wall layout?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which wall layout?

• Subs staggered on passenger side, port on driver side
    • Subs low, port above subs
    • Subs high, port below subs

nonsensical.... Well. if you going to spend your day chasing around "nonsensical" systems and ideas post. You are going to need ALOT of extra time. 99% of the set ups i build,read about and these forum members own seem like they would be "nonsensical" by your outlooks. So, good luck in your ventures to save the car audio world. :fing34:

I am not worried about the car audio world, just this forum as the threads should be helpful for those that search and find them. :thanx:

Being someone who searches these forums for information, I hardly ever find your posts to be helpful. All they seem to be is comments telling someone they're wrong with no explanation of why they are wrong - let alone helpful in the sense of showing them how to do it properly. Then it usually involves 2 pages, in someone's post to ask questions, in a discussion of how you're just trying to do the right thing and keep the forums free of ignorance.

I understand your concern for these forums, but you troll these forums with your knowledge (which I in no way deny your possession of) in the form of smoke and mirrors. Asking the original poster where the option of voting for no wall is incites a natural response, in those of us who are lead to believe walls are beneficial, of "why no wall?" Then you lead him around after this response with vague references like "the first step to being loud is to not build a wall." It's specific in the sense of saying something definitive... but it's vague in the sense of us coming here, to these forums, for explanations, understanding, and discussions.

What do your actions do for us who are searching the forums? It creates an ethos of the supposedly knowledgeable members of these forums, who is whom we come here to learn from in our searching of these forums, of being pompous, arrogant, and protective of the 'secrets' of successful car audio.

What exactly did the comment "whose farts have more knowledge about sound than you do" comment do for this thread, or even for this forum? You have a ton of information and knowledge and claim to want to make these forums a better place. I, as a person who comes here for enlightenment, think you could do a lot towards that goal by explaining yourself a little when you make statements in threads like this. Your initial comment about wanting to vote no wall would not have seemed so conceited and demeaning to the OP if you had simply elaborated on why you felt not doing a wall was a better option.

x2

M5 you may very well be one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, but when you make wise ass remarks with not so much as a hint why, it makes people angry. There is no reason to demean others simply because they are not as savvy as yourself. I used to think it was something personal, when i first signed up, but as i have spent time on the forum, i realize: you are like that to all but a select few. Do us a favor and help us learn, not sit here figuring out what you mean by your insults.

<----SQ guy and I'm building a wall currently in a vehicle.

Sometimes you have to remember this hobby is about fun. So you do a fun build.

The truck with the wall will still be used in SQ competition. It will be at large shows competing in SQ in the pro levels the rest of the year. Beginning with Deep South Nationals.

Did you ever decide on your set-up? I'd like to see some pics

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I'm actually not doing any of the above anymore. I just got 2 more DP21"s today, and am doing a clam wall. :D

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I'm actually not doing any of the above anymore. I just got 2 more DP21"s today, and am doing a clam wall. :D

Thats gonna be insane man.

Make a build thread :)

Dont make me order 2 more xcons :angry22:

Ya, I can't wait to see the results. And there will be a build thread probably in a month or so. :D

Ya, I can't wait to see the results. And there will be a build thread probably in a month or so. :D

make it four 21's :lol: port it horozontally in between the subs... :ehh: no competition...ever... :ehh:

make it four 21's :lol: port it horozontally in between the subs... :ehh: no competition...ever... :ehh:

Pretty much exactly what I'm doing...Clam with two subs on top, two on bottom, with the port in the middle. :P

Edited by rmzsuzuki89