tripphxc

Please. Please help me out

Okay, So i have a 2001 jetta, i dont know how big my trunk is and i suck at math.

I was orignally going to get 2 12's btl but everyone told me that i would neeed to upgrade my alternator and the big 3.

is this true?

so my other option was to go with the 2 12's BL, but i dont know if i would still need to upgrade anything electrical.

but either way, i would perfer to get the btl but dont have enough money to get a new alternator and the big 3

okay, now either way if i were to go with the btl or bl, what would i want to configure the woofers too?

like this list thing

Ohm:

P Chamfer:

Cooling:

Flatwind:

Daily or SPL:

Extreme Lead:

Universal:

Dustcap:

i would be using this daily, so i asuume i would do daily, but everything else.... wtf does it mean?

and waht kind of amp would i need to power this and where would i get all the wiring?

Thank You

P.S How do 2 12" BL sound? do they get loud and hit low?

Okay, So i have a 2001 jetta, i dont know how big my trunk is and i suck at math.

I was orignally going to get 2 12's btl but everyone told me that i would neeed to upgrade my alternator and the big 3.

is this true?

so my other option was to go with the 2 12's BL, but i dont know if i would still need to upgrade anything electrical.

but either way, i would perfer to get the btl but dont have enough money to get a new alternator and the big 3

okay, now either way if i were to go with the btl or bl, what would i want to configure the woofers too?

like this list thing

Ohm:

P Chamfer:

Cooling:

Flatwind:

Daily or SPL:

Extreme Lead:

Universal:

Dustcap:

i would be using this daily, so i asuume i would do daily, but everything else.... wtf does it mean?

and waht kind of amp would i need to power this and where would i get all the wiring?

Thank You

P.S How do 2 12" BL sound? do they get loud and hit low?

FIRST OFF your sub has nothing to do with you electrical.. how much power you run to the sub decides that. in my opinoin 10s will be the best because of space. and a budget would be nice to see what we can work in for you

look in the Fi technical section, its all explained

depends on your install and your definition of loud.

but for alot of people (including me), 2 12's on 2000+ can be very loud

install is the biggest factor....

LOUD can be several things..

My two clif cd1200c's on roughly 2k are VERY LOUD but it's all design and install. they're 150+ all sealed on the dash

****you'll need the daily option.... read throught the fi suff on here.

You fail at making threads. Read the noob posting guidelines and try again.

are you at tstc?

you are planing on 2 12s, amp, and box with 900$?? the BLs will cost u at around 500 alone. have you ever thought about one sub like a 15?

you would be running 2k about im assuming, so...

Big 3

Upgraded Battery

and see if your ok then (no voltage drops) after that a high output alt might be in your future

You can get a btl if space permits.

You will need to upgrade electrical if your going to power the btl to its specified power but you can also under power it therefor not needing to upgrade electrical but it will affect the perfomance of the sub.

Okie, thanks guys for you'r help.

Just some other questions

Where would i go to get the big 3 upgrade and how much does this cost?

and would i definitely need a new battery? if so what kind of battery do i need to look for? like.... idk. i thought all battery had the same power just different brand names.

once i figure this out, i'll ask the other questions

thank you

google the big 3 its a wire upgrade over stock

Battery to alt

Battery to ground

engine block to ground.

i would do it in 1/0 gauge wire i think i bought 10 feet to be on the safe side, and some terminals

KnuKonceptz.com

Battery, i dont know much about but i have an optima red top and works fine for me.

google the big 3 its a wire upgrade over stock

Battery to alt

Battery to ground

engine block to ground.

i would do it in 1/0 gauge wire i think i bought 10 feet to be on the safe side, and some terminals

KnuKonceptz.com

Battery, i dont know much about but i have an optima red top and works fine for me.

what kind of wires am i looking for?

would these be it http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...20Fleks%20Kable

So i get about 10 feet of that

and take out the stock ones and replace the new one with the stocks for each one you listed?

and if i wanted 10 fet, do i change the quanity to 10?

cause its Price: $3.40 per foot but i dont see anything that comes in like 10 feet

and terminals...? what...?

Edited by tripphxc

quick question, if i wanted to do the 2 12's btl, couldn't i just a capacitor instead of upgrading my alternator?

Nope, capacitor's do not do anything useful for your application. If someone tells you otherwise, run like hell from any advice they give.

Have you ever had a 'serious' stereo before? If this is your first one (which I think it is), I think you're getting in a little too deep.

atleast he is asking questions and getting good products on his first build (if so)

we were all noobs at one point in time.....

atleast he is asking questions and getting good products on his first build (if so)

we were all noobs at one point in time.....

Exactly, that's why im here asking questions.

Okay, well i decided i will just go with 2 fi bl 12"'s

So in order to power them

i would

1) need to get an amp (could someone suggest an amp for me) please

2)the big 3 upgrade (someone told me they could do it for $120) is that too much or does that sound right?

3) get a separate battery for the subs/amp or what ever AND get a new alternator? or could i just do either one?

thank you

for your amp, i love my sundown... for 2 BLs i guess a Sundown 2000D would be a great match.

another thing... to save money, you might want to get 1 15" BL instead of 2 12's... it wont be quite as loud but you would save hundreds of dollars.

i did this with my system. i was going to get 2 12's but instead got 1 15" Q. absolutely love it. plus now if i want to be louder i can just buy another 15, if you have 2 12's you would probably have to sell them both and get 2 15's or maybe do 3 12's or something.. idk itd just be easier to upgrade from 1 15 then from 2 12's IMO

Edited by Doctor Q

Well heres the thing.... I was thinking about going with 1 15

but either way... i would have to upgrade the big 3 and my alternator right?

cause if i go for the 1 15... i might as well just get a btl...?

and would 1 15 be able to fit in my trunk with a ported box i assume? i think its 13 cubic feet

so here are my options i guess

A) 1 15 either bl or btl

B)2 12 bl

Now with which ever set up i go with... i HAVE to do the big 3 upgrade AND a HO alternator.... correct?

thank you

Well heres the thing.... I was thinking about going with 1 15

and would 1 15 be able to fit in my trunk with a ported box i assume? i think its 13 cubic feet

so here are my options i guess

thank you

15BL-2.8-4 cubic feet ported

15BTL-3-5 cubic feet ported

900.00 dollars on a system like you want is impossible. im trying to give you constructive criticism, but it's kind of hard. i spent 1250.00 on just two amps not even the subs, alternator, wiring, componets or even a head unit. but if you want a bl and save money get a sundown 1000d plus bl run 0 gauge and upgrade battery and hope you dont suck all the juice. plus build you own box to save money.