rumproast789

Hairtrick?

Alright so I have my BTL in my ported box (tuning is messed up I have to redo it I think) and I am powering it with a 1200 watt hifonics with chit 4 guage. Waiting on installing my batts, big 3, and 2 ought. I was playing hz tests and I was like fudge it its moving some air, lets see if i can do a hair trick. So I had this girl put her hair in my window and I rolled it up a till there was about 3 inches left. I played a 40hz tone, I STILL dont know what my tuning is but this gets pretty loud, and it was moving her hair! Not all of it but it was making it flap in the window between the outside and inside of the car.

What do you guys consider a hairtrick? Ive seen them with windows up and down, IDK, I know its not amazing, but still pretty impressive in my view. Gets loud.

that meksx me excited when im going to have an 18 pushing it full tuned to 32hz so i shall be able to do a hair trick

Play a lower tone and hair will fly ;)

Play a lower tone and hair will fly ;)

I need to find out my tuning because it doesnt seem near as loud. I played 30 and 35 hz, those seemed decently loud but more of destroying the car than bass. I wil try it soon

Ye i saw your thread on smd, i would fix the port asap. although i dont know what it's tuned to.

Is the length of the port shorter or longer than your original plans?

Ye i saw your thread on smd, i would fix the port asap. although i dont know what it's tuned to.

Is the length of the port shorter or longer than your original plans?

I think its .5" longer, but also a little bit skinnier by like 1.5". IDK... If i were to fix it, it would mess up the entire box... the two tops are on, the flushmount is glued on to the baffle below, and then theres screws and I jsut think that it would basically be junking hte box....

Ye id redo the whole box, thats just me though.

Ye id redo the whole box, thats just me though.

hahah yeah, screw it, it sounds good. I will try out a side port or just another slot port next time, but I'm going to finish the system before any rebuilding.

yeah you realy need to fix that port fast you can ruin those subs fast by unloading them (playing far below tuning)

i do hair tricks IMO.

yeah you realy need to fix that port fast you can ruin those subs fast by unloading them (playing far below tuning)

i do hair tricks IMO.

chit yeah thats true....

Wanna point me in the directin to calculate port tuning? No one is helpin me out/can't help me out, so I wanna find it wihtout rebuilding hte box. I can live with 35hz but if too much higher then its rebuild.

well post your dementions of your port.....

how wide tall and deep.

show vids of said hair trick

How many and what size BTLs?

Alright. Vids of it will come sunday sometime, I'm going to washington tommarow for my uncles promotion or something.

btw the hairtrick wasn't anything special window was rolled up a good amount of the way, but i liked it lol. One 18" Btl 7 cubic ft box

Port dimensions are weird, i'll link you to another post that i made about it.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=26394

Edited by rumproast789