dat

Sundown amps

I was wanting to try the sundown amps, I'm currently using JL slash v2 amps and wanted to switch to something new, i know so many use these amps for SPL, but I'm redoing my install for USAC and MECA.

3 way up front and 1 12" in the back.

post where u are located so you can meet someone.

These amps can also be found in some world class SQ installs too. Can't remember who but one of the H.A.T. guys runs sundown amps, if I remember correctly

a few SQ guys run the amps the nearest SQ guy to you is Alpine Andy and hes in Lafyette Indianna

Sounds good I think i found a guy that is a dealer near me even though he does SPL I'll check them out..

Also here is his install just trying to figure out what the huge white amp is???

dedwardstrunk.jpg

That was Dave Edwards old install - it was a big Phoenix Gold amp.

He is working on going to all Sundown amps :)

Thanks Jacob, yeah he told you guys talked at Finals.

Can we order straight with you or have to do internet store? Nearest Dealer is 2 hours away.

Can we order straight with you or have to do internet store? Nearest Dealer is 2 hours away.

db-r.com has some pretty decent prices on new and refurb sundown amps. They come with warranties as well.

you can also buy one off your local rep

I will be at the MECA comp in E-town KY April 19th. Me and my buddy Chris both run Sundown amps for SQ so you can listen to both of our cars that day if you want.

awesome i'm in Louisville too.

I have a sundown 100.4 if u ever wanna check that out.

Awesome I will do that, I see AlpineAndy you use HAT speakers, I was on Team Hybrids in 2007, but lost my job and then could not get the system finished so I had to resign. Oh well maybe 2009??

I'll look for a mint 100.4 for now or buy from SSA with free shipping and no tax...

Anyone have one Mint no scratches??

im using sundown amps in a sq setup

i have a SAX 100.4 and a SAZ 1500d ; headunit 880prs ... everything is run active cus the crosses on the amps are fantastic ... extremely accurate and lots of options

they were running a soundstream rf60c component set and a RE XXX 12 ... got a pretty great review from lots of people even a certified iasca sq judge

mids are going to change to a morel hybrid ovation 6 set

i will give an update as to what the results are like but have no fear man ; the sundowns sound great

im using sundown amps in a sq setup

i have a SAX 100.4 and a SAZ 1500d ; headunit 880prs ... everything is run active cus the crosses on the amps are fantastic ... extremely accurate and lots of options

they were running a soundstream rf60c component set and a RE XXX 12 ... got a pretty great review from lots of people even a certified iasca sq judge

mids are going to change to a morel hybrid ovation 6 set

i will give an update as to what the results are like but have no fear man ; the sundowns sound great

Please do, right now I'm think about 2x SAX 50.4's and a SAZ 1 for my IDMAX 12.

gonna PM Jacob, was curious if the 50.4 and 100.4 have the same high quality Sanken bipolar output transistors, and 12 of them at that as the 100.2 or 125.2.

All of the SAX amps use the Sanken FETs -- the 125.2/100.2 use the most of them per channel, though :)

All of the SAX amps use the Sanken FETs -- the 125.2/100.2 use the most of them per channel, though :)

Is this why a certain competitor is running a bunch of the 2 channels instead of a few 4 channels?

Is this why a certain competitor is running a bunch of the 2 channels instead of a few 4 channels?

Perhaps - that, and he wanted the most possible channel separation - totally different amps works well for that :)

Thats why I asked :)

8 SAX 125.2's FTW

:wacky:

I will be at the MECA comp in E-town KY April 19th. Me and my buddy Chris both run Sundown amps for SQ so you can listen to both of our cars that day if you want.

Supposed to be raining Sunday will they cancel? I'm an hour away didn't want to drive and have no show.

thanks guys!