Sign in to follow this  

Ive already got a yellow top and a kinetik 2400.

wondering what kinetik would compare to either a yellow top or red top

Ive already got a yellow top and a kinetik 2400.

wondering what kinetik would compare to either a yellow top or red top

Not trying to go off topic..... ok maybe a little. ;)

Where did you get the alt from?

And what motor do you have?

I would say compare it to the 1400

how do the red tops do for high power stereo systems?

iraggi alternators in tennessee...same chit meade uses and lots of others. 615-287-7991

btw read what i posted in ur build log. just my 2 cents tho

5.9 gas hogggg love it tho

Ah me to man...... :fing34:

I must say though..... a Team mate of mine runs 6 RD HW 15"s in a 2001 Ext. Ram on 3 RD 9.0's.........

His truck isn't doing to bad though..... How does the 40 series sound? I have no muffler as of now..... doesn't sound to bad.

how long has he had them in there? and what is he doin alt/batt wise??

honestly it sounds really good on that motor. nice low tone, stays low but gets loud as well. i got a full 3 inch catback and a 4inch ss tip out the back right. looks mean man. only other muff i was considering was cherry bomb extreme...not the glasspack one but the muffler one. id still say go flow 40. ive had friends no muffs, and some with no muffs and cats...sounds natty either way to me, but LOUD!

hows those red tops?

how long has he had them in there? and what is he doin alt/batt wise??

honestly it sounds really good on that motor. nice low tone, stays low but gets loud as well. i got a full 3 inch catback and a 4inch ss tip out the back right. looks mean man. only other muff i was considering was cherry bomb extreme...not the glasspack one but the muffler one. id still say go flow 40. ive had friends no muffs, and some with no muffs and cats...sounds natty either way to me, but LOUD!

hows those red tops?

never messed with the Red Tops, I have only used the Yellow Tops. They are nice.

Had a belt come off on the way to a show, turned around and drove to GF house 20 min away, with radio playing low, then from her house to mine, then from mine to the shop. All on battery. Never dropped below 12.2~12.3

ya i got myself a yellow top too...goin steady 5 yrs now just gettin abused like a catholic school boy lol jk haha...but i was thinking puttin that kinetik up front and then the 1 yellow and maybe another red or 2 in the back as well...next set up possibly 4-6k watts so might need it dont know yet tho

ya i got myself a yellow top too...goin steady 5 yrs now just gettin abused like a catholic school boy lol jk haha...but i was thinking puttin that kinetik up front and then the 1 yellow and maybe another red or 2 in the back as well...next set up possibly 4-6k watts so might need it dont know yet tho

I'm only ganna run 3k for now and am wanting 3 2400 along with the Yellow Top

ur def gonna want that alt...do yourself a favor and save some money in the future and just get 2 2400 with the yellow and get a alt...the stock one has no chance. bc even if u got a 200 amp alt or a 220 it would be night and day. and the 200's or 220s are only like 350 or 400...virtually same price as a 2400..the 300 is about 700 shipped from iraggi =/ i think of it the same as a engine...u can add chit on a 350 to make it fast but the 454 is gonna have so much pull even with same hp as the suped up 350 u know...just some food for thought.

Flowmasters? You should get some SLP Loudmouth 1's, now thats a nasty sounding exhaust. Or you could just do it just to be different then the 90 percent of people that have exhaust runs flowmasters. I think there kinda overrated myself. On my car I got a 2 1/2 inch SLP X pipe w/hi flow cats running into a 3 inch Mac Catback (stock exhaust manifolds) and everyone always compliments me on my exhaust and I ALWAYS here the comment "Man I like the way that sounds alot better than my flowmasters" I must have heard that like 30 times. (I have a mustang, so theres lots of mustangs running around with the same engines and I've heard alot of different exhausts on the same engine for comparison. List of brands I've heard, Mac, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, SLP loudmouth 1s, SLP powerflows,Borla's,Bassani, the list goes on and on. In my opinion the 3 best sounding exhausts. Magnaflow,SLP's, and Mac

ya but cars and trucks are completely diff...slp's on a truck thats not slammed would be a little donkey man. not the right tonality for a big truck. just my opinion. those do sound awesome on a stang tho

i have the magnaflow catback on my dakota 5.9l sounds very smooth low rumble gets decently loud to

If you are looking to run the Kinetik up front, then get more yellow tops as your rear batteries. Red tops are a starter battery and they say not to use for caraudio use..........granted many do with good results, but more up front with yellow tops in the rear. The yellow tops and Blue tops are more geared for audio.

I currently run a red top up front, with a powermaster 5100D, with no isolator and doing fine, but wouldn't mix match redtops and yellow tops in the rear. Just get another yellow top.