Sign in to follow this  
RuffRidah4Life

HELP! OPINIONS ON TRUNK AND BOX SIZE!

Hey guys, well i am thinkin of buying a 2006 g35 coupe which has 7.8 cubic ft of trunk space and the system i have is 2x12's in a ported box. dimensions are 1.75ft x 2.75ft x 1.42ft = 6.84 cubic ft. i would have a little under a ft of space left over assuming it would fit at all. i also have to somehow fit 2 sundown amps in there as well...is this the stupidest idea ever or should i take a stab at it??????? if it all works i would have 4000watts pumping through the car.

I think we need to take a step back, breathe, and figure out what your ultimate goal is for the system. You're never going to get an answer with that question. Just because a trunk has X cubic feet, does not mean that you can use it all.

BUDGET?

LISTENING PREFERENCES?

EXPERIENCE?

GOALS?

Let's go from there.

It's not a stupid idea if you know you can make it work. I'm stuffing pretty much all you listed and more in my trunk, but it is taking a LOT of work and a lot of creativity.

I forgot to mention. 4000rms is going to take a hefty electrical system. Don't forget to factor that in with a couple batteries in the trunk too. Give us a budget.

Edited by blue fury

make a cardboard mockup of your planned box and see if it fits.

well my budget is anything after the amps, box, cables, and subs because i bought them b4 i bought the car lol so in reality, the only thing im missing is the headunit and some batteries if that. the cardboard idea isnt bad at all. i might just do that. ;)