Sign in to follow this  
patdeezy33

12bl

hey guys need some help just got an fi btl 12 dual 2 and need to know what would push this bad boy...single cab f150... also this baby has 2krms does that mean thats as much rms as i can go or can i put more

You can buy an amp with higher RMS wattage rating. You can always limit the amount of power an amplifier puts out. 2,000 watts is a thermal rating, the box you put it in will affect the mechanical power handling.

What is your budget for an amp?

my budget for an amp is around 4-500...will that do? im thinking about a shop here in houston to build me my box instead of doing it myself cuz i would mess it up. what do you think the cubic feet is needed for this monster?...member i only have a single cab f150

"1.75-2.5 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz" Fi's website

Do you have other money for the box, because they are going to charge you. I'm guessing around $150-200 to build a box for you.

yea i got money for the box...the money isnt really the problem..its the point of powering this monster and if i can get at least 1.75 of cubic feet behind my seats...i should be able to, right? if not looks like im putting it in my bed and there goes a lot more money

hey guys what do you think the max rms i can put on a Fi bl 12.. its says 1000rms, but ive heard people go up to at least 1300-1500rms...is that true or should i not do that, dont wanna blow the bl, ya know

That depends entirely on what amp you're going to run it with.

BTW, I merged your topics. The one in the newbie sign in wasn't really a hello thread anyways.

Sign in to follow this