Poundhardheh

New sub system setup!

Hey, I just got a 15" BL in a a 3.6 cube box tuned to 33hz.

It pounds and rumbles hardcore, but doesn't move enough air to make me happy.

So I'm looking for some new setup ideas...

My car is a 1996 Cutlass Supreme, so I don't have tons of trunk space.

But I'm looking for something ridiculous that I can fit in here. Maybe

2 12"'s or something like that. I can proboly fit 2 15" in a sealed but I want ported

So what are some ideas?

I've looked at Orions and DD 9512 or maybe 2 13w7 even though there crazy overpriced.

What are your opinions?

What is your max usable air space for a box? Not the largest external box you can fit, but internal volume.

Not 100% sure. But I'm going to guess around 5 - 5.5cubes

That's the biggest problem, I'm looking for a ridiculous system

but I don't want to switch the car.

I'd say your best bet would be 2 12" ported then. Look at the Sundown Audio Nightshades, the Mach5 SPL, and the Fi BTL. What do you have for an amp? Electrical upgrades?

Working on a new alt, and I'm going to run an HC 2400 or so. And I have the big 3 under the hood.

The amp I am powering the BL with is the JL 1000/1 but when I run new subs I will use a bigger amp.

Yea I'm looking for 2 12" in a ported tuned low around 30 - 33hz for a LOUD daily driver.

Would the BTL's be good in that low of a tuning.

And I know 30 - 33hz isnt an SPL tuning. I'm just looking for subs that will move lots of air and rumble crazy!

Working on a new alt, and I'm going to run an HC 2400 or so. And I have the big 3 under the hood.

The amp I am powering the BL with is the JL 1000/1 but when I run new subs I will use a bigger amp.

Yea I'm looking for 2 12" in a ported tuned low around 30 - 33hz for a LOUD daily driver.

Would the BTL's be good in that low of a tuning.

And I know 30 - 33hz isnt an SPL tuning. I'm just looking for subs that will move lots of air and rumble crazy!

look into ssa xcons they get crazy low and move air.... iv been a lucky one and got to hear these things already...

iv also heard alot of good things about btls.. never heard on in person.

I'm really going to look into the Xcons and the DD 9512's. I'm thinkin a pair of 12's.

Plan for a box would be roughly...about 2-2.5 cubes per sub, so I'm thinking around

5 cubes before displacement. And I'm looking to tune around 30 - 33hz.

It will be a dual L-Port box, so if someone could help design two L-ports tuned around 31hz.

If you think that would be a good frequency for daily and for hip-hop music.

I'm really going to look into the Xcons and the DD 9512's. I'm thinkin a pair of 12's.

Plan for a box would be roughly...about 2-2.5 cubes per sub, so I'm thinking around

5 cubes before displacement. And I'm looking to tune around 30 - 33hz.

It will be a dual L-Port box, so if someone could help design two L-ports tuned around 31hz.

If you think that would be a good frequency for daily and for hip-hop music.

If you're concerned with space, don't make two ports. Combine them into one. Two ports use up more internal space than one with twice the area (same area as the two combined).

Ok, the only reason I was thinking 2 ports, is looks and I hear sometimes the sub closer

to the port gets out of sync from the other sub if you know what im meaning. Dont know

if its true but I had heard that. But ok 1 port will be fine.

Also I don't really want the BTL's cause I hear I will get better lows and SQ from XCON and

still get crazy loud and push a ton of air, which is exactly what I want!

why don't you just go with 1 really powerful 15 in 5.5 cubes off like a saz 3000? like a BTL 15 or IA Warden 15 or something

Would't two 12's sound better and move more air?

Not for sure louder but move more air?

The enclosure is going to decided how the woofer sounds. I move my vote to 2 12" Xcons. Support your man here!

The new xcon pics are sexy as hell!!! I think I may do two 12's in a ported box.

I will proboly tune it pretty low, proboly around 30 depending how the Xcons work

at that frequency. And also make a fairly big enclosure after I figure out the specs!

I would say either 2 Xcons or 2 BTLs. Idk which has more output.

Xcons IMO