Sign in to follow this  
salgutierrez

ok a lil bit of help

basically, i've had a major drop in bass in my car. i have 2 fi BLs and 2 kicker 1000w amps. initially, i had trouble with my iPod cable(dock to aux cord , the 7$ one from ebay) so i bought a new one. well now all of a sudden, my cds have also lost the quality. the stock speakers in the door hit harder as of right now. when i turn the knob all the way and put the volume up, i finally get what i should be getting at about 1/4 turned. i looked at the amps thinking 1 of them was dead and they both were fine. i dont really know much about wiring but will probably read up on it 2morrow since i will have some free time to look at it, but this is what basically happens

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?inv...State=RETRIEVED

let me know if you cant see it

vid works.

i have no help for you, i figured id just say teh vid works for the cautious guru's here

thats weird though

only thing i can guess is that maybe your one of your RCA jacks may have come unsoldered, have you tested your amps individually?

not yet, and thx lol. jsut got back from work(OT ftw). at work during lunch break, i drove off and messed around with the wiring going directly into the stereo(well, what my big burly hands could reach). basically, i slightly moved some of the cables with my finger and tried looking for a screwdriver which failed cause stuff is at parents house. i managed to "get it back up again"(yeah a penis joke, laugh). so from what it seems like, its not the amps, or it may be. will look into it 2morrow, got homework to do now(calc ftl)

thx again though, lol

looks like you are usingthe outputs of one amp going to the other? Looks like two different style rca's. looks like you have one side of the rca's swapped around. One side of you rca coming from your radio is going to the output on the amp. And one side of the rca coming from your second amp is hooked up to the input of the first amp, not the output like it should be.

you might have a bad rca shorting out