anarchyaudio

2" extended range Mid range/ tweet

I seen these speakers, and thought to my self what a way to get your image up and a fuller sound out of your Front stage with a good active set up.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5352/ES02--CDT-...vers-(Pair).htm

They are a 2" tweeteresk mid range speaker with a freq range down to 500 hrz up to 20k. For someone wanting a 2 way active setup these might be ideal.

get your image up, get your sound stage up and alittle more flexible as far as A pillar placement with out have a crazy install.

I just wondered if anyone had heard, used or even seen a set of these used before. I wonder how practical and what kind of sound do they really produce.

For somone in my situation where, I am wanting to compete yet stay in a lower division (ie. amatuer) they may be an optimal alt for a active set up. Could really have a good Mid bass set up and use these for your imaging and mid range. I was thinking they may get muddle playing that wide of a range and may loose some on both the extremes of the freq range, but I could be wrong.

Any opinions ?

The Morel doesn't play low enough, just a big tweeter.

These get stellar reviews by everyone that hears them (for what they are)

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8267

Probably better than the CDT's in many regards, but marketed and thus priced different.

Do you have an opinion on a 2 way set up using those. They look like they would do the trick. Peerless seems to carry a good name with them though I have never used them nor heard them play.

i have herd them before but i haven't really critiqued them... a few guys have them locally since we are a cdt dealer and i haven't herd any complaints. a few guys with walls have them, one guy with a 3way (es02, es03,es07), an employee had them in his truck with tangband bamboo 3s

im actually thinking about possibly getting them for my car but i don't know

i remember them sounding pretty good and my friend in the truck said they played "pretty low" but i'm very picky with my tweeter and sadly never really payed much attention

Cool thanks, I wonder how they sound. If they have a full sound for 500 hrz plus.

That is about as low as I'd run them, of course this depends on your output goals and listening style.

What sort of space do you have for a midbass?

Cool thanks, I wonder how they sound. If they have a full sound for 500 hrz plus.

That is about as low as I'd run them, of course this depends on your output goals and listening style.

What sort of space do you have for a midbass?

My doors are pretty shallow, Its a 6x9 location but only about 2.25 " depth to work with I can flush it out some with a baffle but @ most Ill gain is .75 of an in

I was looking @ a good 6.5 mid-bass and using a pair of the 2" mid-tweet. As far as listening I like a good bold sound, full and rich, Tweets that are softer not harsh.

Music is a wide variety, From pearl jam to Techno, to Kanya west, Metallica to Steve Buchard (blues)

So I am looking for versatile, and generally well rounded

What are you planning to cross them with?

And what mounting locations?

What are you planning to cross them with?

And what mounting locations?

Head unit has built-in varible 3 way crossover.

6.5 mounted in the doors, and the 2 in mounted on A pillar, have not decided which would be better Facing the driver or @ each other I am sure only testing it out will tell on that

This would fit :)

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8406

Since you are only doing a 2 and not a 3, a mid like that Aura that can play a little further will help. This should give you the flexibility to run the widebander up top without issues.

If my next car cannot house a full 3 way system, I too will be doing a 2 way with a full range driver and a midbass.

My only concern in your installation is output as I am not sure how loud you want these to go.

i was going to say to check out the hertz hv200 but i forgot your looking for a 6.5

This would fit :)

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=8406

Since you are only doing a 2 and not a 3, a mid like that Aura that can play a little further will help. This should give you the flexibility to run the widebander up top without issues.

If my next car cannot house a full 3 way system, I too will be doing a 2 way with a full range driver and a midbass.

My only concern in your installation is output as I am not sure how loud you want these to go.

That is my concern as well, I want to be able to crank it. I mostly concerned with the fullness of the Midrange. If it sounds hollow or does not have the body cause its coming from a 2" driver it will not have the ummphf to push it out.

Is a 3 too big? Are you planning to mount them on axis?

Ya 3 is to big, I have a 2" limit on A pillar. I am thinking of just saying screw it and doing me a phat ass 3 way set up with dual 6.5 mid bass, a 4 in mid range and a good set of tweets, Switch out my 12's for an Icon 10 and new amps, Change the whole damn thing up and work with it from there. And forget about competing.

I was mostly looking for validation that I was good at what I am doing. Though one competition does not really validate me as a audio guy, its does tell me I have a clue. And that I am working in the right direction.

Just wanting more than anything now just to try something different.

Can you fit a pair of 2's?

The 2's are cheap. Buy one, cross it over, and let her wang. See how you feel about the output.

The 2's are cheap. Buy one, cross it over, and let her wang. See how you feel about the output.

Let her Wang !!! Amen brother

I know this is an old thread but i actually decided to get said es-02 speakers and i'm going to put them in as soon as i get em. ill let u know how it turns out. What did you decide to do?