Sign in to follow this  
Maddenkid2011

Need Help

I am gonna be ordering a 12" BL soon and i can't decide what i should power it with. Any suggestions? What are you using to power it? Moneys not really an issue but i dont want to send "too" much. Maybe in the 400-500 range. I was thinking maybe going with Earthquake amps (recommended from a friend) but i dont really know. I know alot about subs, absolutely nothing about amps. :)

Thanks,

Tyler

Edited by Maddenkid2011

I am gonna be ordering a 12" BL soon and i can't decide what i should power it with. Any suggestions? What are you using to power it? Moneys "not really" an issue. I was thinking maybe going with Earthquake amps (recommended from a friend) but i dont really know. I know alot about subs, absolutely nothing about amps. :)

Thanks,

Tyler

Sundown SAZ-1500D :fing34:

Thanks i was thinking about that, but at 17 years old getting getting $850 for an amp is kinda out of reach. lol. maybe something cheaper? thanks for the reply though

a saz1500 is right in your price range(570 new) its the saz3000 thats expensive

Edited by dtcharneski

please do not get earthquake amps. I used to hear way too many horror stories about the 5000w amp an higher... plus they are severily overrated.

I'll break it down to ya-

Sundown's amps are VERY nice quality. If you have the cash for one, get it as it will last you a very very long time and excellent build quality.

You can also go with Audioque amps (www.audioque.com) They have a AQ1200d which does 1470w@1ohm and AQ2200d which does 2200w@1ohm.

These amps are built to last as well. They are a LOT cheaper, i would the explanation over to those who are tech savvy in amps explain that to you.

I own both companies amps and both are great.

Just remember... no Earthquake... You will have an earthquake with there high powered ones then when they go up smoke.. you'll have an aftershock...

Both are awesome choices, just don't say money isn't an issue and then say $850 is too much lol.

and check out DB-r for a refurb.

Hey thanks, I like the prices on the website. Have you ever bought from them? 250 for a saz1000d is a beautiful price. Lol. I just hope since there refurbished they still have the same quality

Shizzon how much would the AQ1200D be? (I coudn't find a price on their website)

Both are awesome choices, just don't say money isn't an issue and then say $850 is too much lol.

Yeah, lol, sorry about that i quickly edited that post once i saw the first suggestion.

I would say do the Big 3 for sure, and maybe a good battery to be safe. You should be safe though after the big 3, because the trailblazer should have a 110 to 130 amp alt. Just for good measure look into a battery.

Alright. Thanks

I know this might be a REALLY dumb question but i know watt RMS is the amount that the sub can take for regular listening and that the max is how much it can possible take. So does that mean that if i was to get an amp that is around the peak RMS, then would i be able to listen to it "safely" all the way up all the time?

sorry for the newbish question its just been on my mind

thanks

Well RMS is what the makers of the subwoofer say is a safe stable wattage. The peak is the most it can take basically before it pretty much craps out. Always go by the RMS rating though, that is what it can do safely all day (if the amp setting are set correctly). No shame in asking questions, that"s how you learn.

well i love my earthquakes i can run them all day at 1 ohm. no problems in the last 3 years :fing34:

Sign in to follow this