Sign in to follow this  
tosh

xcon sealed

just wondering if anyone has run a xcon in a sealed box ? i know this woofer is a all out high power sq sub and would like to know its best application. sealed or ported in a low tune box. im thinking of doing a single 12 in the back of a suv with a 1500d or aq2200. any imfo about this sub or opinions welcomed. I know it just hit the market and there are limited amount of users

The Xcon is at home in both sealed and ported. Right around 1.1 - 1.25 sealed would be a great start if you want to seal it. The 1500D is an excellent match for the Xcon. :)

The Xcon is at home in both sealed and ported. Right around 1.1 - 1.25 sealed would be a great start if you want to seal it. The 1500D is an excellent match for the Xcon. :)

or a low tunned ported box around 30 hrz would be nice.. up to u... very great sub by the way

when i upgrade my system i was thinking bout getting an 18 Xcon and trying it sealed first then ported later if i need to get louder.... first off, a sealed 18 should be close to a ported 15 correct in terms of how loud it is? and also what size box for the 18 sealed? like 6 cu. ft.?

when i upgrade my system i was thinking bout getting an 18 Xcon and trying it sealed first then ported later if i need to get louder.... first off, a sealed 18 should be close to a ported 15 correct in terms of how loud it is? and also what size box for the 18 sealed? like 6 cu. ft.?

No smaller then 4.5-4.75 sealed for the 18" Xcon.

i wonder what a seal xcon sounds like must be so clean just like the icon.

i still have never heard a icon sealed... lol

I have :) loved it till it went poof oops :(

well 3k sealed was a bit much lol

lol 3xs rated power

lol but it sounded hella good tho i do have to admit

i cant decide if when i get the 18 xcon if i should go sealed or ported.... i love my ported 15 Q but miss out a little on the higher frequencies. A sealed Xcon would get those notes better but would i lose some loudness?

Or what about like a 8 cu.ft box sealed and then later cut aero ports if i want louder? would that work

i cant decide if when i get the 18 xcon if i should go sealed or ported.... i love my ported 15 Q but miss out a little on the higher frequencies. A sealed Xcon would get those notes better but would i lose some loudness?

Or what about like a 8 cu.ft box sealed and then later cut aero ports if i want louder? would that work

Wait, what higher frequencies are you talking about? If it is much above 80hertz or so, we maybe should look more at your mids.

Wait, what higher frequencies are you talking about? If it is much above 80hertz or so, we maybe should look more at your mids.

no its probably like the 60-80s are weaker... i can check tomrw with some tones cause its too late now but im already looking at upgrading my mids. im thinkn maybe get some good mids that canplay down to like 60hz and then i can get the 18 Xcon ported and still have the 60hz and up sounding good.

has anyone tryed 2 xcon 18" in a sealed box yet i wonder how they would sound im sure great what would be the correct air space? Id like to build the box big as possible so if it wasnt loud enough sealed i could put a universal port in it

I don't think I have seen or heard about any sealed dual 18's.

i've always liked sealed boxes and i've never had 18's. i've always gone for sounding good and it's always been plenty loud. would i t be better to do a ported box tuned real low? but i think i really do want to try them sealed.

Do better in what way?

would the driver perform better in a ported box tuned real low

The difference will be a stronger presence near tuning. :)

this is probably off subject,

and will get yelled at but a waist to start a new topic especially cause it is about this.

how much air space does a ported xcon 18 need?

like 6cft? 8cft?

and will get yelled at but a waist to start a new topic especially cause it is about this.

like 6cft? 8cft?

Nothing wrong with asking that question at all. 4.25 cubes sealed and 6-6.25 cubes ported (before driver displacement) is about the smallest we suggest the 18" Xcon go. We suggest going a little large in both alignments, but either will be fine. :)

like 6cft? 8cft?

Nothing wrong with asking that question at all. 4.25 cubes sealed and 6-6.25 cubes ported (before driver displacement) is about the smallest we suggest the 18" Xcon go. We suggest going a little large in both alignments, but either will be fine. :)

if thats the smallest sealed and ported what would the largest be?

like 6cft? 8cft?

if thats the smallest sealed and ported what would the largest be?

Around 10 is plenty. :)