jonesy

Yet another Scion tC build mostly Fg install

Ok here we go.....

Car: 2006 Scion tC no mods

Audio line up:

Head unit :Panasonic CQ-VW100U

Components: Stock :( soon to be updated (going active)

Wire: Knu 1/0 and 4awg

Sub Amp: Massive 1500.1 (Thanks Rushrun)

Component amp: Massive 400.2 (Thanks Rushrun)

Processor: Soundstream PQ-7

Subs: 2 ReAudio Sx 10"

Sound deadining Fatmat 150 F^3

Goal: i will be trying to pull 1.5^f out of each corner of the cargo area without altering the stock appearance too much. Enclosures will be tuned to 35hz ports will be external and 3". Plans are to sink all components in the hatch floor, still being able to retain the spare tire! Ports will run underneath the floor and come but will come up through the floor. If that makes scene, now im not a total noob to the audio scene, have done a mass amount of installs in the past. This one should stand out from the rest.................lets all hope

Now its not ment to be the loudest install ever but its planned to be a more so permanent one for my self i have been through the stage where i wanted it to be the loudest on the block well...........ok i'm still that guy at heart, but im tryn to kid my self here and find a happy medium:)

Ok on to pics.......

Some gear pics! (went plexy)

123010-1-1.jpg

123007-2.jpg

123006-2.jpg

123004.jpg

123003-2.jpg

On to some fg work!!!

123012-2.jpg

123011-1.jpg

123005-2.jpg

More pics to be updated as progress progresses lol:)

are you going to widen the predrilled holes in that frame that separates the hatch from the cabin area?

There are 3 predrilled holes on that frame but are only just over 1" in diameter.

If you were to widen those to fit the diameter of your port, if possible, that'd be nice but then again, i cant remember fif the frame is tall enough to accommodate a 3" port or not...

Also, if you are looking at the front of your car from the rear, on the right hand side after you take ALL panels out, there is a plastic filter inside of a vent behind the right fender well that may cause audible noise in the car at low volumes. Try to secure it inside of it's cage that it's in if you can hear it while playing music as that shuttering, flapping sound you may hear is what is causing it.

are you going to widen the predrilled holes in that frame that separates the hatch from the cabin area?

There are 3 predrilled holes on that frame but are only just over 1" in diameter.

If you were to widen those to fit the diameter of your port, if possible, that'd be nice but then again, i cant remember fif the frame is tall enough to accommodate a 3" port or not...

Also, if you are looking at the front of your car from the rear, on the right hand side after you take ALL panels out, there is a plastic filter inside of a vent behind the right fender well that may cause audible noise in the car at low volumes. Try to secure it inside of it's cage that it's in if you can hear it while playing music as that shuttering, flapping sound you may hear is what is causing it.

It would not accommodate a 3' port unfortunately (if im thinking the same spot), i may have to go the smoke stack style but we will see! As for the vent i sealed that off now when you shut the doors you have to shut one at a time cause if you shut both one will pop open lol

Soooo about the fiberglass Taking to long i got im patient so i went a head and built a enclosure for the sx's for the time being! I will get back to Fiberglass by the end of the summer, due to my work schedule its impossible to have much free time!

So here's some pics so far .........

SCIONINSTALLPROGRESS008.jpg

audiogear019.jpg

audiogear020.jpg

audiogear016.jpg

audiogear018.jpg

Upgraded batt after i took these pics to a HC 1800 pics soon

Edited by jonesy

looks good, would like to see your glass skills , keep it up

looks great. I am sick of these cars though, I work on two of them here in town :)

Looks like a very fun install. :)

looks great. I am sick of these cars though, I work on two of them here in town :)

dont be hating cause u dont got a sweet looking car

sweet build keep pics coming!

hello jonsey -- sorry it is off topic- about the panasonic dvd - sorry for wasting your time - please tell me where did you found the black plastic bracket around the screen to mach the rest of the dashboard. thanks alot - i just ordered one for me but i don't know if it will fit??? because it is too deep in the dash and needs to slide in order to insert the dvd thanks :ehh: