Sign in to follow this  
imhungnurnot

Fi Recone's?

The recone shop on the Fi website has various recones. When you purchase one, do you send in your sub and Fi fixes it or does Fi simply send you the recone for you to do it yourself?

Well, How much is the re-cone? I would assume your just paying for the kit.

Well, How much is the re-cone? I would assume your just paying for the kit.

They range from $100-$40. BTL $100 - X $40.

Yea, probably a do it yourself job. I've never reconed a speaker, but imagine it isn't too hard as long as you can solder, center the coil, and have the right glue to stick the surround and the spider to the basket.

Did I overlook anything with that statement?

As far as I know, you just use some pieces of papers to line up the coil. Then you solder the leads, glue down the spiders. Then just glue the basket on, and put the dust cap on. If your still having trouble understand is a slight tutorial.

http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106612

I forgot to add, you can use regular epoxy from your home deopt for the glue.

As far as I know, you just use some pieces of papers to line up the coil. Then you solder the leads, glue down the spiders. Then just glue the basket on, and put the dust cap on. If your still having trouble understand is a slight tutorial.

http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106612

Thanks!! That thread is very helpful!!

You can send your sub in and they will do it for you. Scott said he will be chaning the site to give you the option.

If you send it in, you just have to add the cost of shipping the driver back to you (and of course the shipping you pay to get it to them).

Brian

You can send your sub in and they will do it for you. Scott said he will be chaning the site to give you the option.

If you send it in, you just have to add the cost of shipping the driver back to you (and of course the shipping you pay to get it to them).

Brian

Great!! :fing34:

Sign in to follow this