Mynameismcgyver

Worn out sub?

I have a 2008 bl 15 w cooling and flatwind option on a us amps 2000x (2000w easily). Have had this setup for bout 9 months now running with no issues but it seems as of late that it just doesn't seem to be as accurate as it used to be. Also feels like I'm missing some punch. Being that I've been throwing a lot of power to it, possible that the soft parts properties changing from all the movement?

Suspension will loosen and change the way it sounds. that should have happened within a few days. . .

Have you made sure both coils still ohm out correctly?

Maybe you have been listening to the same setup for too long :D

Good point but I have a very good sense of feel. I race cars and gokarts professionally and we tend to have "spidey like senses". And I def agree that it went thru small changes in the first few days. I shall check the coils, didn't think of that. The 2009 version sounds tasty especially if it turns out to be a nice upgrade from the old model.

Thanks guy.

Your hearing loss is rising....

I would agree. I play drums for a living and use in ear monitors and as the tour wears on I gradually turn it up more each night when the only thing that has changed is my hearing. :Doh:

im having the same probelm but i got my bl in jan.. it doesnt sound as loud as it use to but im guessin my ears r gettin use to it

Ears dont get use to bass... they just stop working....

i hate to say this, but you're not the first person to experience this and its probably simply hearing loss. You can research treatments, there are some experimental supplement treatments that have been tested on militarily personal (my brother is an army ranger and deals with this all the time) for gunfire hearing loss. There has been good results with a magnesium supplements and some antioxidants too. by best advice is turn it down or take break for several days at a time. goodluck. Best you can do now is prevent further losses.

Ears dont get use to bass... they just stop working....

i hate to say this, but you're not the first person to experience this and its probably simply hearing loss. You can research treatments, there are some experimental supplement treatments that have been tested on militarily personal (my brother is an army ranger and deals with this all the time) for gunfire hearing loss. There has been good results with a magnesium supplements and some antioxidants too. by best advice is turn it down or take break for several days at a time. goodluck. Best you can do now is prevent further losses.

Oh yes they do. It's a natural process for everything, Google "Desensitization".