Sign in to follow this  
3kgt1

i need help plz

hey guys my amp was workin then it went on protect. now all it does is led goes on then protect keeps blinking when ever i turn my stereo on i have it hooked up to a 18 solo x thanks if you can help.

hehe, u aren't or weren't laughing when you made this were you?

That's pretty vague, i'm kinda smiling at all the information you may have checked, hehe.

Ok, check ohm load at amps terminals. It should read something other than 0(or that's why it's in protect)

Check the voltage at your amp's power\ground terminals when the amp is turned on. If it's low, i dont know hwo low is too low but lets say lower than 11v, that may be the problem too.

You may have damaged somethin inside the amp which is worse case scenario.

Best way to rule out the amp being damaged is pull it out of the car and hook it up to a 12v converter and jump the remote over to the power connection before powering it on so the amp can come on.

If it still goes into protect... it's damaged. You may need a speaker plugged up to it depending on it's requirements for testing.

ok i was posting for my freind idk how he had it hooked up but hers what he says. his amp is 3000D sundown audio amp he has it on one channel at 1 ohm hooked up to the kicker solo x duel 2 ohm that should run at 1ohm. he dont think thiers nothing wrong with it. the power blinks on and it jumps into protect and keeps repeating. it was running fine for alittle while then it just started goin into protect and now it dont wanna work right.

well, tell him what i posted above, use a DMM.

If you just cant get anywhere or still clueless, post where your friend is located at city-wise, there may be someone here that may be close enough to do some inspection for him.

were both in emporia kansas idk if thiers a part to post for kansas or not not sure

oh no, there isnt, lol. It's just like good sub info to know in case all else fails, someone may be able to check it for ya.

I'm not one of those people as i'm in KY but hopefully it's faulty install rather than damaged equipment.

Was the amp used when your friend got it or new? Was the amp screwed to the subwoofer box? Disconnet the speaker wire and turn the amp on and see if it still goes into protect mode. Then disconnet the rca cables?

Edited by Booming Lex