Sign in to follow this  
zaxfire69

Strapping 2 1500's wiring problems

Alright. I have the amps installed in my car. I have the Rca's wired properly for strapping. Now the speaker connections. I have both subs wired like this.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=3

Mine are wired for 2 ohms.

I have one set of wires coming out of my box. Positive speaker wire is going to my Master amp. Negative wire is going to my slave amp.

Do I have them wired properly or am I going to have to wire each speaker to each output on the amp? It just isn't getting loud. I have the output voltage set at 77.5 volts A/C. Could someone show me some pictures of how to wire 2 dual 2 ohm subs up in the strapped configuration?

I know they are capable of putting out serious power, but I think my wiring could be a factor. Someone help me out so I can set them up right.

Edited by zaxfire69

SEARCH AND YE SHALL BE REWARDED> I don't have my negatives of both amps tied together. I bet that is the problem. Let me go do that.

I'm good. Still to early to crank em up. Look using my DMM what sould my output voltage be set at? Is it around 77.5 volts AC?

I think she is gonna be nasty. Thanks Jacob. I knew I would finally own some of your amps. Just took me a little longer than i wanted it to. I will post some videos of my system once i can actually rail on it a bit.

Sign in to follow this