Sign in to follow this  
fresh1

looking for some help deciding

hey guys, i've been trying to figure out what to do and i'm hoping you guys can help me out. i've been on the fence for the past few months trying to decide which pair of subwoofers i should get for my new set up and i've narrowed it down to two choices, but i can't decide which one to go with. my choices are either 2 Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 12'' or 2 AudioQue SDC2.512. the crappy thing is i'm in Canada so its tough to find the subs to demo in person.

now from what i've read online about reviews for each sub they both seem to be awesome. they both cost about the same. both do 600rms/1200peak though i've read that people have given them both more with no worries. now i've built a box around the specs of the LI's (2.25 net ft^3 ported box tuned to 38 hz) and Nick at IA says it will do fine, but the rep for AQ (DJ) also said it will work. now on the one hand AQ has a reputation of making good stuff and on the other hand though not as well known i've spoken to one guy who replaced his FI Q with the LI and he only wishes he had done it sooner. my question to you all here is, what direction should i go? i'm not looking for strictly SPL, but i'm not looking for total SQ either. i just want it to sound good, as well as get me in the 140s for the summer, which both manufacturers claim i will be able to do. they are going to be in my daily driver so i'm going to use them pretty much every day, so i want them to sound good, but in the summer i'm gonna be competing a bit so i would like to be able to spl it up when i need to. as it stands now i've got two old Cerwin Vega VMax subs running off 300 rms each and i did a 137 (if that helps). please guys, help me out.

I'd choose the IA LIs.

I'd choose the IA LIs.

Xelevendybillion I couldn't be happier with my dealings with IA.

sweet. i don't know what it is but i've been leaning towards the IA's. not sure if its Nick and the great customer service as per my inquiries or just the name Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections lolll. now i just need to get my money in order...darn recession