Sign in to follow this  
trippi

help with my hummer

I have 4 18 inch fully loaded BTLs that I will use for a daily driver. Can anyone help with how many cubic feet each sub should get? I want a ported box and will power them with 2 jbl a6000 amps. The manual says 5- 8 cubic feet but what size should i go with?

welll you have no options of running ported or not.

4x5=

4X8=

more air space is normaly better.

Listening habits?

I imagine your looking for LOUD?

Electrical to run those two beast amplifiers?

Edited by OldSkool_08

I have 2 300 amp alternators and 10 2400 batteries...the electrical system is installed. i had 2 18 solo xs on 1 jbl a6000 but blew them. Now im gonna take out the back seat use the btls that have been begging for me to use em. I was was going with the fi subs at first but i couldnt get help on what size box to use so we just went the kickers. Yes, im looking for loud. thanks

i mostly listen to rap but i like everything from a-z....whatever is on...it's on loud

You could still fit the system behind the back seats if you wanted. Sounds like our AA Hummer with 13 2400s and (6)15s. You can do 2 18s per side and port in the middle for a daily driver. We have the H2 tuned to 28 Hz... Chris wanted it to play ultra deep and wasnt as concerned with an SPL score. With the amount of power he has on them now... its brutal.

Id also run the A6000s in high voltage mode. Everything is happier with that.

We have a little under 30 cuft if I remember correct... shouldnt be an issue to run 7 cuft per BTL18 after port and driver and still have plenty of back wall to mount the amps on.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I guess all of the great stuff I hear about your customer service is true! I will probably still have to take out the back seat because some of the batteries are inside...and some are under the truck. Plus I have 4 10 inch mids that a jbl3000 amp is running...and I want to add 4 more 10s. So I will go with 7 cuft per sub. what size should the port be if I want to have the same set up as Chris? and what if I want it around 32 htz?

This is gonna be good.... :popcorn2:

Sign in to follow this