mykey777

12" Q questions

hey im considering getting a 12" q with an alpine m1000 would these two work well together.?

and do i get a d1 sub or a d2 sub to wire it at 2 ohms. thanks

~mike

Depends on what your looking for, what are your goals?

um could you explain a little more? sorry lol...

Are you looking for SQ? SPL?

Why the Q? In a port/sealed enclosure?

o ok thats what i thought you ment.

im looking for more sq but a little spl would be nice.

probably in a sealed box.

want that hit in the chest feeling.

not on my budget. :(

looking to spend 400-450 in that range for an amp and sub. i already have 4 guage wire and i drive a 98 chevy blazer so i have alot of room to work with.

i just want some pretty loud bump with nice sq which sounds like fi q to me.

Edited by mykey777

get the dual 1 ohm. you wire the middle positive and negative together and the outside positive and negative you hook up to the amp. that way it'll have a 2 ohm load

^ what he said, if you are SURE you're going to get that amp, or an amp that can do 1000 rms @ 2 ohm.

Yup no problem. But if you get that system you'll have to let me know how it sounds. I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000-1bd that puts out 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm and i'm getting a 12" Fi Q too so we'll have a similar sounding set-up

ya for sure man ill probably be putting my order in by next week, cant wait.

is that a decent amp? its around 200 on ebay. i was also looking into hifonics 1606d but every one was ragging on hifonics.

alpine m1000 > hifonics 1606d ?

Yeah the amp sounds real nice and it never gets hot so that's good. But i think that the alpine amplifier is better than the hifonics amplifier. I like hifonics too, its just that i think alpine amplifiers are better. That alpine amplifier was actually the amplifier i was going to get before i decided to get the Rockford Fosgate amplifier.

ok then thats what im going with

my system will be

alpine cda-9851

4 guage wire

alpine m1000

12" fi q in a sealed box (might go ported after a while)

with alpine type s 6.5 speakers

pretty stoked and ill let you know how it sounds for sure.

Yeah that should sound really nice. I was in between getting a ported enclosure and a sealed but i went ported. But either way it'll sound great. Just make sure you get a capacitor too though

wtf? Haven't you been on this site long enough to realize that those terms are meaningless and misused by all noobies on the site. To top it off YOU miss use them as well. Please STOP right now. :(

To the OP, please describe your goals without using SQ or SPL as your description will give us a much better idea of how to help you.

Yeah that should sound really nice. I was in between getting a ported enclosure and a sealed but i went ported. But either way it'll sound great. Just make sure you get a capacitor too though

You need to stfu. Capacitors are useless. Stop giving bad information :(

Again to the OP, sorry for all the misinformation in the thread.

wtf? Haven't you been on this site long enough to realize that those terms are meaningless and misused by all noobies on the site. To top it off YOU miss use them as well. Please STOP right now. :(

To the OP, please describe your goals without using SQ or SPL as your description will give us a much better idea of how to help you.

You need to stfu. Capacitors are useless. Stop giving bad information :(

Again to the OP, sorry for all the misinformation in the thread.

...and this arseho is still here. 0 advice from him too. To the OP, this forum would be great if not for a few pricks, but this guy takes the cake. I visit here sometimes, and get turned right off everytime I see this asswipe's comments. If SSA does not clean up or keep useless chitheads in place I may have to boycott the very promising Xcon and tell everyone I know that SSA forum is full of jackoffs, and SSA cannot do nothing to keep the piece, but of course he is buddies with the moderators and has like a million smartass comments on here. Wow, not too busy with anything else obviously. I've tried helping people here like others try to help, only to get radiculed. Nothing has changed, and I've had my run-in with a certain moderator and he totally got this prick's back, so dont bother... And if you want to ban me, as threatened last time, go ahead, but I speak the truth, and saying it for all those who take way too much unnecessary crap from this doucebag, who makes this place unpleasant. I wish he was funny at least, but he is just a bitter lowlife.

I have a 12' D1 Fi Q in a 2.3 CUFt ported box tuned to 32hz and it rocks. Have it hooked up to an alpine m1000 also. Gets loud enough to move my hair, and vibrates the shit out of my car. Definitely better than my 10' Type X

what kinda car do you have unclehulka?

and how much do you think it would cost to get a ported box...i mean i could make my own sealed box but i just dont understand how to make a ported one or i would.

Edited by mykey777