rushnrun

Rushnrun's Dodge Ram 1500 install

Hmmm..... debating if it's gonna be or 2,3 or 4 DMX 15's or 4 DMX 12's or maybe 8 QC 12's

decisions...decisions.... :D

getting a new meter next week so testin can resume

it'll be all 8 amps btw (if all 8 are needed...)...

So why dont you throw that solox 18 in there?

OH and will it be done by the 18th or 19th?

I'm gonna put the solo x 18 on ebay here shortly.. (after the truck is built)

I don't want to use it for two reasons... because it won't fit in the car I'll be running for finals... (the box has to be 22 x 22 to be able to mount the woofer... the car won't fit that anywhere, I'll only be able to do 2 15 or 4 12's at the most... also the solo x needs way too much air space. the dmx's only need 2 cubes for the 15 and 1.2 cubes for the 12's.. the solo x is 5-6 cubes minimum..

Thats kewl. Are you going to do the danville show also? or just the one in Canton?

I'll be at both shows.. so will the my buddy and his full size blazer.

we're redoing his truck a little as well.. we need to get his box tuned up higher... possibly doubling his power for the shows...

probably next week I'll get mine started up. I've gotta wait for the new meter before I'll start rebuilding.. I need to figure out what sub/port orentation works the best.

I'll probably get to work on putting the batteries in the bed tomorrow.. all 10 of them.. :)

I'll be at both shows.. so will the my buddy and his full size blazer.

we're redoing his truck a little as well.. we need to get his box tuned up higher... possibly doubling his power for the shows...

probably next week I'll get mine started up. I've gotta wait for the new meter before I'll start rebuilding.. I need to figure out what sub/port orentation works the best.

I'll probably get to work on putting the batteries in the bed tomorrow.. all 10 of them.. :)

Sounds kewl, maybe we can caravan over to the danville show.

Nice work. No cooling issues with the amps stacked that close I assume.

Nice work. No cooling issues with the amps stacked that close I assume.

They're not as close as they look... just under .75 between each... So far no cooling issues.. They haven't gotten warm even so I don't think it'll be an issue. I pushed them pretty good off and on at the show and didn't have any issues with the amps. the next show they'll be running 1ohm instead of 2ohm so they may get warm.. we'll see.

They're not as close as they look... just under .75 between each...

I forgot that I had to cut the amp spacers to meet a height requirement. they're only .5" part

Edited by rushnrun

got a new T/L meter today... already in 10 minutes of adjusting/testing I've gained .5db :D:)

Threw a single Massive QC 12 in today... just for testing.. (it's a sound Q woofer and digs lower)

on 1500 watts the QC 12 is only .5 db down from the single DMX15 on 1500 watts (both at 1 ohm and 32 hz)

heck the QC did 140ish all the way down to 20 hz (138.9 was the lowest it posted on it's trip down from 32hz)

building several new boxes this week... One for me and two for buddies.. trying to get ready for the comp on the 18 and 19th

Yeah, I'll be at both MECA comps in IL this weekend.

Truck should be done enough to put up a decent number

Getting ready to build the new box right now :)

should be looking at 2 DMX 15's and 4 p1500's

new box is roughly 3db louder on even less power... looking at 147 on less than 1000 watts (one p1500 wired at 2 ohm)... does 142 at 20hz :) I'll post some pics later

here's a few pics. apparently I didn't take any with the woofers in..

I'll get those later..

flared port.... 7 layers of mat and resin

DSCN3830.jpg

test fitting the woofer

DSCN3831.jpg

a little bondo to smooth out the port

DSCN3832.jpg

DSCN3837.jpg

DSCN3840.jpg

DSCN3841.jpg

a couple of extra boxes

DSCN3838.jpg

DSCN3839.jpg

in the truck

DSCN3842.jpg

one of the 15's

DSCN3843.jpg

**this still isn't the final product... just functional for this upcoming weekend..

will be curious on how port to the side works for you, that is the style box i have sitting around, wanting to perhaps use it with a couple mach 5 ixl 15"s

side firing port+ extended cab truck = loud...

will you be at the show??

I've got a short somewhere in the truck causing blown fuses (acc fuse, illumi fuse, brake fuse, ect,,) I think it's my trailer plug.. I'll try to deal with it in the morning.

Should put up a decent number tomorrow either way.

good luck on metering tomorrow, hopefully you will take some vids while your their competing

i couldnt fit my own funeral into this weekends schedule, i really wish i could of. good luck.

150.3.... not all it has... :)

hit the source button instead of volume to increase the roll. No biggie... still the loudest street vehicle here.

we'll see what tomorrow brings

150.2 on day two... looks like more volume doesn't mean more output.. I'm gonna test power output at 150db to see what the subs are getting..

Oh yeah... those scores are at 30hz...

It'll burp all the way to 18hz without any issues (still does mid 40's) :wacky: