fifufme

Rockford 18??

Hey guys, Im waiting on my Btl 18 to get fixed right now. But I was on craigslist and around my area I found a guy selling a rockford 18. Ive never heard of or seen a rockford 18. Any one seen or heard one. If you have a pic please post it!! THANKS!

if im not mistaken rockford made a couple different types of 18's. did he put a model number on the listing? Did he give any specs on the 18?

All I know is that its 2 ohm... Hmm. Idk its about an hour away, and I think im gonna take a look.

more than likely its not going to be able to handle the same power that btl can

I know that lol. I just need some bass. Im going crazy without it.lol well see, Im going to get it now. ill let u know how it sounds. I have an Orion 2500d to run it on and itll be in a 5 cubic foot box tuned to 26 htz.

Id be interested to see what you think of it :)

If you buy it, definitely post up your opinion in here ;)

With that said, i wouldn't buy it unless it was really cheap lol...I don't like RF too much

Edited by FF5

This could be interesting. Keep us posted!

I don't know which one dude has, so i will post both that i found:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/dat...-184_188-ts.pdf (1993)

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/dat...-418_818-ts.pdf (1994)

Edit: I can't find any info on the RF 18Hx2 that's another possiblity. Hope it helps!

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Wow, it sounds really good! :) Easily the best 80 dollars I've spent! I played it kinda hard last night and it gave me the break in smell. I dont think this sub was ever ran that hard, which is crazy considering how old it is. When I find a video cam ill take some flex vids of my roof LOL. It seriously flexes my roof! For now I only have pics. ENJOY! By the way he said he has another one I could get if anyone might be interested, its a deal for 80 bux! It might be my box though. :fing34:

The blazer extreme

l_f088384e177a4a5cae729cb2d1716663.jpg

My alpine ( you gotta cut corners somewhere LOL)

l_fbfe67b1e46b40b48773039b4dcfedac.jpg

And the rockford 18

l_f8ef16c261684c4db2da13f03e938a08.jpg

I was actually offered one of these awhile back. My buddy used to have a 12" XLC it was pretty decent...

Ya Im really surprised how well this thing is taking all the power Im giving it. It sounds really deep and clean, quite impressive :)

i had a buddy that had 2 of these in a ford probe back in about 91 or 92 and the roof flex broke the sunroof latch.

its a great truck if GM goes under monday i wanna find another or a tahoe for super cheap :)

i sure would hate to see GM go under.i have a 99 z56 police tahoe that ill never part with and would like to have another one to go with it but they are hard as hell to find that are not worn out.

It is sad about Gm, Its also sad that the govt. is making car companys improve gas mileage by like 40% because that will cost them so much money to redesign all there vehicles and will only cause gas prices to go up more. :Doh:

Heres the vid, hopefully it doesnt get removed since its not fi :wacky:

Put things in the correct forum from now on. Seriously it's not that hard.

i had a buddy that had 2 of these in a ford probe back in about 91 or 92 and the roof flex broke the sunroof latch.

THe XLCs aren't that old. Very late 90s yes, but not early or mid.

It is sad about Gm, Its also sad that the govt. is making car companys improve gas mileage by like 40% because that will cost them so much money to redesign all there vehicles and will only cause gas prices to go up more. :Doh:

They did it to themselves. No one else to blame. They've all had the means to increase fuel economy by even more than that, but they chose not to and nobody cared because up until the past few years, gas was dirt cheap. It still is by comparison.

nice.... but i still hate R.F.

best RF setup i have ever heard was 4 8"'s in a bandpass of some sort. Don't remember a lot about it as it was like 8 years ago but they shook that place to the ground