oxsign

Trade my 3000 for 2 1500?

I'll be making my new box shortly with 4 Sound Splinter Signature RL-p 12". All 4 are D4 ohm giving me a final load of 2ohms for the amp. I was wondering if I should maybe trade the sundown 3000 for 2 1500. This way I could run 2 subs at 1ohm to each 1500. I "think" my other option is to run the 3000 at .5 ohm, but I don't know if that's a smart thing to do. My electrical consist of a 200 amp alt, 2 yellow tops, 2 runs of + 0awg, and 2 runs of - 0awg. What are your thoughts? I'm kinda at a lost right now, lol. :Doh:

I would say a lot of determing factors come in here.

I would run the 2 amp setup because it's going to be safer in terms of blowing the amp to hell. 3000 at .05 is alot

I'd also run two 1500s just to be safe.

Two amps. Sundown doesn't warranty the amps below ~1ohm.

OK, so I think i'm going with 2 1500. Now to sell/trade this one off, lol. Gonna be hard with this economy, lol.

New heatsink 3k? What do you want for it?
Yes it is. I've had it hooked up for 1.5 months on 2 DD 2510. It's got a couple scratches from being under the seat, but it works great.

CCsystem007.jpg

CCsystem009.jpg

PM me an offer. I'm looking to get 2 1500's.

i would have run it at 1/2 ohm.. you have a pretty strong electrical setup, and when you factor in impedance rise, you should be safe..

i run my 2 1500D amps at 1/2 for alot of competitions and demos and my electrical is a 140A alt, 2 Powermaster batteries and 1 run of 0awg throughout.. the amps take it like a champ!

of course, you do lose the warranty..

Edited by 3stagevtec

OR you could buy another 3000 for more power

I wish, but funds wont allow for that, lol.

Do you have any pics of your box? I have a crewcab wanting to do somthing similar.

Do you have any pics of your box? I have a crewcab wanting to do somthing similar.
This is a pic of the last box I built for 2 DD 2510.

CCsystem004.jpg

CCsystem003.jpg

I moved the rear seat forward 3" to get 3 cubes gross behind the seat.

I am going to be building the new box shortly once I figure out what I'm going to do. I'll be putting the seat back to the original location since the new box will be a center console type of box.