Sign in to follow this  
madmaxz

LI 12's sealed?

i need 2 12s for a sealed box. about 1.3-1.4 per side. how will the LI 12's do in this setup? 500watts a piece for now. im also looking into RE SEs. I have idqv3's now and they dont get loud enough or low enough. but i have to stay sealed the box is behind the rear seat of my crew cab.

thanks.

I'd say that setup would be great!

:+1:

Werd, if these people agree then you are set!! But you can always go with aeroports and shoot them up, i think its the best way in a truck/cab. Subs forward, port up! Just a thought!

Maybe a single KOB 12" ported in around 2ft3 with Aeros ported to the side

Who told you the KOB mounting depth was 8" :huh:

I 've got the KOB 12" sitting in front of me and the mounting depth is 6 3/8", the DR mounting depth is close to 8", the KOB uses a shorten up motor assembly, using 2 larger slugs instead of 3 like the DR, I think tommy had to have under 6.5" and only .75ft3 per driver

They also use a 3"flat wound coil asssembly like the DR/DP

Originally you stated that you had the IDQ's and they were not low or loud enough, the KOB in a ported enclosure done properly is going to do just that ,and you can run a single driver with 1-1.5k rms easily, and acheive very good results , they are basically like the DR which are basically LOUD SOUND QUALITY subs with a shorten motor.

As far as how much better than the LI's , running 2 LI's sealed vs 1 KOB ported, the output would probably be very similar with the same amount of power , but you will be able to get louder/ lower with the ported enclosure, and save a little cash buying just the one instead of 2

but if you just want to stay sealed the LI's are a good choice, I was just trying to give you a good second option.

If you are asking if 2 KOB's sealed vs 2 LI's sealed , KOB wins

Edited by will3