dennisp

help with working out

I'd like to add along with that extensive list.....

.........WATER.......lots of water. or a electrolyte-enriched sports drink like propel or gatorade. Keep your body hydrated.

As far as supplements I take/have taken. I was taking powdered creatine (I tried the liquid and it didnt work that well for me. There is a debate between liquid and powder, but I won't get into it) back when I was training a lot harder, and noticed that is sped up recovery time quite significantly. I also noticed that after 2 weeks or so, I increased my max lifting capacity by about 15lbs. Lately though, I have just been doing "maintenance" and haven't really been pushing myself. So I stopped taking it. I personally havent tried many different protien supplements. I usually try to intake as much naturally-occuring protein in my diet as opposed to protein thats engineered and processed. Absorption is better in some people when they take hydrolyzed protein supplements. I took a supplement from TwinLab called "Amino Fuel", which is some sort high absorption protein supplement, which worked well for me, but I have had a hard time finding it at a price that I am willing to pay. I have taken Glutamine and Glucosamine in the past to help out with muscle fatigue, and joint problems. I'd reccomend the GNC Glucosamine/Chondroitin blend, although you may be able to find generic stuff of the same quality for much cheaper.

Good luck with your endeavors. I wouldnt mind checking out a sample of that Manna stuff, I prefer herbal supplements as opposed to man-made ones.

I'd like to add along with that extensive list.....

.........WATER.......lots of water. or a electrolyte-enriched sports drink like propel or gatorade. Keep your body hydrated.

Can't stress that enough :)

cocaine in a can BABY!

it'll rip ya, and get you ripped!!!!

hey steve and aaron, do u guys take supplements?

Interactive Nutrition Mammoth 2500 protein - one serving post workout.

Prolab Creatine - one serving post workout.

I've moved the two supplement intake times around and found that this works best for me.

My diet pretty well takes care of the rest.

I'm looking for something affordable for joints ... especially my knees. Years and years of running, hockey, and just being on my legs has taken its toll on my knees already.

I was taking joint fuel for my knee, which reminds me I need to make a run to GNC, they might still carry it :wacko:

I only have two more Myoplex deluxe packets, they are one of the best for sure, but for a case it is close to $200 IIRC :owned:

I was taking joint fuel for my knee, which reminds me I need to make a run to GNC, they might still carry it  :wacko:

I only have two more Myoplex deluxe packets, they are one of the best for sure, but for a case it is close to $200 IIRC :owned:

Holy chit @ $200 a case ... :wacko:

I was taking joint fuel for my knee, which reminds me I need to make a run to GNC, they might still carry it