Sign in to follow this  
chris_h4life

Sub magnet split in half, looking for help asap.

Like the title says, one of the magnets on my 12" Fi Q split in half. Don't know how, but I noticed the woofer was making strange noises a week or so ago, and took it out to investigate. I heard that this wasn't exactly a unique case, as other Fi products seem to have split magnets as well, possibly UPS is dropping them? At any rate, who do I contact for help? I have emailed Fi with no response. Is there anyone on the forum that could help speed this up? The sub is still covered under warranty, if this issue is covered under warranty...

Like the title says, one of the magnets on my 12" Fi Q split in half. Don't know how, but I noticed the woofer was making strange noises a week or so ago, and took it out to investigate. I heard that this wasn't exactly a unique case, as other Fi products seem to have split magnets as well, possibly UPS is dropping them? At any rate, who do I contact for help? I have emailed Fi with no response. Is there anyone on the forum that could help speed this up? The sub is still covered under warranty, if this issue is covered under warranty...

email Nick@ficaraudio.com

Ok this is like the fourth time i have seen a magnet crack on a fi sub. My buddies cracked on his bl. Just like your I'm guessing, on the magnet closest to the top plate...

i'm not tryin to start somethin crazy because i know FI would know more than anyone else about this but it appears, and correct me if i'm wrong, that ever since they've converted over to the new mags that these problems have been happening.

I do not know if it's problems during shipping if they are more fragile or if it has something to do with the way how they are built but like any company, they would be losing money repairing the same type of problem over and over. IF it starts to become a normal occurrence, i'm sure they will start to investigate the issue.

Sign in to follow this