Sign in to follow this  
3stagevtec

Daily or SPL

Looking at the BTL SPL vs Daily Option..

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

I would like to use a pair of 15"s mainly for SPL competitions, BUT i would like to squeeze JUST a song or two out of them every once in a while.. They are not to be used as daily play subs..

my question is, would i be able to get away with playing music for a short while with them, with the SPL option, or would i be better off using taking the daily option instead..

thanks

the gap on the spl btl is not even close to as small as my sigs are and I use them daily just make sure you pay attention as they might start to rub if not careful

the bigger problem is if you are going for spl your box will not play music it will be way to small have to much port and will probably be tuned to high

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option.

:ugh2:

Edited by Earsplitter

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option.

:ugh2:

that is basically to save there ass if you clip it the coil will start to rock and rub the sides of the gap and rub through the windings like this

0521091114.jpg

exactly, if they have to say something like to to save their ass, it's for a reason... i'm not talkin from experiance or anything, but it looks like wenn has pictures of that kinda experiance... that would shy me towards the daily right there.

that coil right there is from the tightest gap you can get just so you know

I wouldn't play music on any spl set up unless you don't really mean spl

well, my vehicle peaks kinda low at 45 - 46Hz.. and sometimes, i'll just stuff part of the port to drop the tuning to a safe level.. usually, a port tuning of 40 - 41Hz works quite well for me, and i can play a little music on it just for kicks..

i know a tight gap will be great for SPL but i'm a little too afraid of getting any rubbing..

question:

i currently have a pair of SAZ1500D amps.. (will look into getting another pair later on..)

can someone please verify my choice of options for my intended use.. (i.e. mainly SPL with very limited music play for kicks) I can't own a BTL and not be able to play a few tunes.. :D

P Chamfer - Yes

Cooling - No

HiXmCoil - Yes (i'm not 100% sure if this is best for SPL use, but more Xmax should be a good thing)

Daily or SPL - Daily (for higher reliability / resale value)

I Heat Ring - Yes

Universal - No

thanks again!

can someone please verify my choice of options for my intended use.. i.e. mainly SPL with very limited music play for kicks

P Chamfer - Yes

Cooling - No

HiXmCoil - Yes (i'm not 100% sure if this is best for SPL use, but more Xmax should be a good thing)

Daily or SPL - Daily (for higher reliability / resale value)

I Heat Ring - Yes

Universal - No

If you plan on playing any music at all choose the daily option.

Hixmax coil will work fine as well for SPL type stuff...especially if you are into bass race.

Thanks!

Nick

Sign in to follow this