Sign in to follow this  
latorgator

In Need of Help with Fi BTL 18"

I am about to purchase 2 18" Fi BTL subwoofers(dual 2 ohm).. I already own 2 t40001d Rockford Amps. I am installing this in a 96 cadillac fleetwood, the car is currently runiing a 2 300 amp altenator and 5 total yellow top batteries.. The questions I have are:

---Will these amps be enough for the subs?

---What would be the best box size?

---And what would be the best to tune the port too?

---And is there anything else I should get that anyone can think I will need?

Click the link and read the technical section. :) So long as you stay within our guidelines you are fine.

Thanks!

Click the link and read the technical section. :) So long as you stay within our guidelines you are fine.

Thanks!

Thanks Alot Man I cant wait to get the order placed

Are you going to post a build log?

I could I am putting it all in the rear of a fleetwood so its going to be fun trying to get it to fit

How big should i try to build the box since i am going to run 2 t40001d rockford amps or would it be better to just run 1 of the amps

one of the amps would feed it their rated power to operate properly. with a properly designed box, they could handle the extra power. i'd definitely build on the small side to handle the extra power as well as fitting it in the car

I already updated my cars big three and just ordered four of the stinger batteries (the biggest ones), I have no problem with running all the correct wire and power but mybig thing is the sub sonic filter. Not sure if these amps have it or where to buy one... The box is being built by a buddy he said we will probably tune it to 33hz... This is my first system so I want it big and rite. any help wit the sub sonic would be very helpfull

Any help is much appreciated This is going to be a tough build. 1 more question would it be ok to build the box with a few weird angles so that way i can maximize all my trunk space.. Dont know if i explaining it rite but I hope you mite know what I mean

Sign in to follow this