ChrisToF

ive made my decision

im a pretty picky person and i dont know a whole lot (though i do know some) about car audio. now ive decided to get 2 BL's 12" dual 1 ohm and a Hifonics Brutus BXI2010D 2000 Watt D-Class Mono Amplifier. i would wait and get the sundown but its just a little too expensive (im trying not to break $1000. my total is going to $988. but before i purachase the hifonics i need to know. would there be a drastic difference if i got the sundown saz 2000D instead of the hifonics

it will last longer and the 2000d will put out true clean power unlike the hifonics

The sundown amp is rated at 12.8 or so volts and the hifonics is rated at 14.4 volts so it would be around 1800 watts at 12.8 volts and then 20% over-rated. You may or may not hear the difference depending on how trained your ears are. Also, if you take care of your equipment then the hifonics will do its job and last. I have had experience with the hifonics bxi amps and they have never failed me.

It comes down to if you want that extra 500 watts or the difference of the money you would spend on the hifonics instead of the sundown. I have never had problems with hifonics amps so I cannot comment on their customer service. I have never deal with sundown's customer service either. I have only bought some subs from a sundown rep from my state.

well i noticed the 2000D is still in preorder. how long do u think it will take to get one?

its said to come out soon, very soon.

I agree with Phi i've never had ANY troubles with my Hifonics bxi1208d. Its well worth the money, you could always buy last years model off of someone on Ebay which would be a couple hundred dollars less, i got my 08 model for around 200 bucks instead of like 300 something

just my .02

yup, I got a really good deal off someone on Ca.com. I got my friend a 1608d for 150 shipped. It was opened and used once to test that it works. It has been working fine since on 4 sundown E8s. But everyone do praise the sundown amps for a reason.

Edited by phi

i believe i will wait for the sundown. my aunt is pretty much paying for everything for my grad present and she said it would be fine. thanks u guys for everything.