latorgator

2 18"btl

I have a 94 cadillac fleetwood I am trying to find the best way to put 2 18" btl fully loaded in the trunk I have 2 t40001d rf amps and enough juice to run it all I just need to find out wat everyone thinks will be the best way to due it. Also is it ok to put the ports on the outsid of the box so that way i can keep the cubic foot in the enclosure at the max

Yes, You Can Use External Ports, But There Is No Way In Hell An Optimal Box Is Going To Fit In That Trunk, Much Less Without Choking Off The Port.

Why Not Do A Mini Wall And Take The Back Seat Out? :D

I have 3 kids to go in the car also...

Please tell us your not going to play it loud with them in the car...

only if they are naughty... just kiddin, just kiddin... my kids hate loud noise for some reason (think its there mom) and anyways it mite be to loud for me in the car

why 18s? get some 12s in their optimal enclosure and it will be much better for you. You might even be able to do with 15s. Also, if I had kids that hate loud noise then I'd go with less power to save my kid's ears, mine from them crying, and money.

alraedy ordered 2 18's and 2 rf t40001d amps and 4 of the biggest stinger batteries. It was all for my jeep but my old lady rolled it the other day on her way to work so i decided to see if i could make it fit in fleetwood.. I was talking to local stereo shop and they want to cut entire back deck out and redue how the trunk closes so that I can utilize the entire trunk.. thinking about having the ports external and have it ported into cab while speakers face forward

No Sense In Doing That, Loss Of Cabin Gain. Wait....Speakers Facing The Back Of The Trunk And Port Into Cabin? If So...No...That Equals Cancellation.

And Depening On When You Ordered The BTL's, You Can Probably Get Them Changed.

nick@ficaraudio.com

Maybe, it depends how well your and his enclosures are built and which one of you two have found out what your car peaks at.

If You Do It Right, Just One Of Those BTL's Could Crush All Of Those.

i appreciate everything guys and I hope to start getting everything started in a week or so I'll keep you informed with the build

Around 4 Cubes After Displacements Each Driver If You Want A Seperated Chamber Box.

Would it be better to have 2 seperate boxes or ! large box and with the box being 4 cubes what size should the port be

You need 8 cuft NET volume with around 120 sqin of port area tuned to 33-34 Hz.