Sign in to follow this  

My first question when you change the bass level, middle level and treble level it controls all speakers including the ones on the amp? The levels go from -8 to 8, right now I have the bass at -6 (usually its at -8), the middle at 4 and the treble at 8. How do you tailor made these settings.

My second question is the bass level has a Bass F(40-120hz, I keep it at 40hz), Bass Q(1.00-2.00, I keep it at 2.00) and Bass Extend (off/on, I keep it on). Could anybody explain what these settings should be around or what they mean (I know bass F is frequency) or if I should even mess with them?

My third question is the middle level has a Middle F (500-2,000hz, I keep it at 500hz ), Middle Q (1.0/2.0, I keep it at 2.0).Could anybody explain what these settings should be around or what they mean (I know middle F is frequency) or if I should even mess with them?

My fourth question is the treble level has a Treble F (10,000-17,500hz, I keep it at 17,500hz). Now I know it controls the trebble frequency but I dont understand how it will affect every speaker in my system, please explain?

I also dont understand what is the point of setting the crossovers on the amp if we have all the features on the radio, are the ones on the amp overridden or are the settings from the radio overridden?

I dont want to set the bass level to high and ruin my tweeters or mid-range speakers, i dont want to turn the middle level up and ruin my subs or tweeters with the frequncy range or change the treble level and run to high of a frequency to my mids or subwoofers. I guess Im looking for a tutorial on how the crossovers on the amp and radio either help or cancel each other and what are some recommended settings? any opinions or knowledge is more than appreciated

First off those setting are part of the parametric EQ.

The F is the Freq - the number you pick is the spot u cut or boost at

The Q is the with the the boost or the cut

Turn the extend off cause that acts as a bass boost

You can mess with these to tailor your sound

Hopw this helps

yes it does help and im glad u responded so im gonna go change some settings now. the only thing that still kinda confuses me is if i set my bass level at 4 and 40 hz will it damage my mids and tweeters cuz i notice when i adjust it that it controls all speakers. So trying to understand how does each setting on the radio affect each speaker individually (midrange, subs and tweeters).

The only way those frequency adjustments would only affect the individual drivers is if you have them set up on crossovers correctly.

How are the speakers connected? If they are on amplifiers, you can adjuct the crossovers on the amp to remove bass from the smaller speakers that are not designed to handle bass. Tweeters almost always need some type of passive crossover to keep from damaging them (unless you are running a full active setup, which I will assume you are not).

If you are running the speakers striaght on the deck's power, you could add passive crossovers (even just a single capacitor) to the smaller speakers to reduce the bass going to them if you have a sub.

appreciate ya for all the answers and help that you provided today. I decided to get the two capacitors for my mid-range speakers in the rear deck (up to 3,000Hz), let me know how much you will charge me and we can get this show on the road. I also decided to upgrade all my tweeters to Kicker 08KS25 to have the extra crossover for my protection, plus the ohm load and rms was around what I was looking for.

Again thanks B.

oh yeah just wanted to know what you have your Levels(- or + #) & Frequencies(Hz) @: Bass, Middle & Treble. whenever you get a chance fill me in appreciate ya.

Wanting some more advice on h/u settings since I went active recently:

Front High Pass Filter @ Through Hz (40 - 220Hz)

Rear High Pass Filter @ Through Hz (40 - 220Hz)

Subwoofer Low Pass Filter @ Through Hz (50 - 160Hz)

Loud @ Off

Subwoofer Level @ -15 (goes from -15 to 15)

Bass Level @ 0 (-8 to 8) / Bass Center Frequency @ 80Hz (40 - 150Hz) / Bass Q Factor @ 2.00 (1.00 - 2.00) / Bass Extend @ Off

Middle Level @ 3 (-8 to 8) / Middle Center Frequency @ 1,500Hz (500 - 2000Hz) / Middle Q Factor @ 2.0 (1.0 - 2.0)

Treble Level @ 6 (-8 to 8) / Treble Center Frequency @ 10,000Hz (10,000 - 17,500Hz)

Sundown SAX-125.2

2 Eminence Alpha-6c/channel - Low Pass Filter Setting / Range x10 / Low Pass Frequency @ 5,000Hz / Subsonic Filter @ 150Hz or better

(Temporary Subwoofer Amp)

3 Kicker CVX 12"s @ 1.33333 ohms - Low Pass Filter Setting / Low Pass Frequency @ 80HZ / Subsonic Filter @ 20 - 25Hz

Mainly I want everyone to focus on my headunit settings and I threw the amps and speakers info in there so you will know whats being controlled and how. I was thinking that If I had my system on active then it would be harder for all these features to control individual drivers. For example when I was driving today I was messing around with the Treble Level and turned up to 8 and down to -8 and noticed that it still affected my Eminence's kinda curious to how that worked into play (Im guessing since it is on low pass on the amp it is still sending those frequencies to that subwoofer but not sure so any help or understanding would be much appreciated.)