maddmatt02

what sub for ~$60 and a 2 ohm load

alright, the system in my fiances car is just a RF punch P2 in a ported box ( I built it a while ago, I think its something in the neighborhood of 2.5 ft^3 tuned to ~30HZ???) and it is powered by a RF 300.1 amp. the sub is a 4 ohm sub though, and the system is decent, but I am thinking of selling the P2 on ebay or something and get a different sub for around 60-70 bucks that delivers a 2 ohm load to get the most out of the amp.

heres the 5 I am looking at now, and the prices. I am open to others also. what would you pick and why?

Diamond Audio D1 12D4 60.00

RE Audio REX12D4 65.00

Orion C2-124 74.00

eD 13kv.2D4 (depends on the price I find at the time, but I think I can get a nice one for well under 60)

Infinity Reference 1252W 65.00

alright, the system in my fiances car is just a RF punch P2 in a ported box ( I built it a while ago, I think its something in the neighborhood of 2.5 ft^3 tuned to ~30HZ???) and it is powered by a RF 300.1 amp. the sub is a 4 ohm sub though, and the system is decent, but I am thinking of selling the P2 on ebay or something and get a different sub for around 60-70 bucks that delivers a 2 ohm load to get the most out of the amp.

heres the 5 I am looking at now, and the prices. I am open to others also. what would you pick and why?

Diamond Audio D1 12D4 60.00

RE Audio REX12D4 65.00

Orion C2-124 74.00

eD 13kv.2D4 (depends on the price I find at the time, but I think I can get a nice one for well under 60)

Infinity Reference 1252W 65.00

I vote RE. I hear good things about them.

Either The RE, Or An Ascendant Audio Assassin Or Fi X If Scott Still Has Any.

Just Stay Away From Elemental Designs, And I'm Sure Most Everybody Here Will Tell You That, Too.

rRE would be my choice as well.....Ascendant Audio Assassin theres a good thought as well

Ive read alot of good things about RE also, for my next system I was considering a pair of SX's, but maybe Ill try out a single AA havoc. the ol lady doesnt see the importance of spending that much money on a system like I do though. :Doh:

I will go check out the ascendantaudio out. just checked the site. no prices on the assassin. it looks like a beast though compared to the ones I listed. can you really get one for around 60-70 bucks?

and then second. don't want to start a war or anything but why no love for elemental designs? I have to admit Ive never owned one of their subs but they seem pretty impressive in relation to their cost. I have had the nine.2x, and my last "good" system in one of my own cars was a nine.1 pushing 2 ported type R 12's. and I dont think that amp was short on power, and as loud as it got it always sounded good doing it.

for the Fi X, I got no idea of where to start to get info on that. I guess a google search might get me some answers.

thanks

I would say just save up another $40 and get her an Incriminator Audio 187 12" D4 and you will never have to worry about replacing the sub again.

check it out: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/12%22-187-Series.html

well, I could only find Fi Q's BL's BTL's, etc.. no X's

also looks like the assassin is right around 100+ from what ive seen, emailed them and asked the retail though.

and I had to talk her into spending anything, so 100 is probably more than shes gonna spend. it would be fine if her sub was a 2 ohm sub, but those a holes at magnolia let her buy this sub for this amp without mentioning the fact that the amp wouldnt be pushing its full potential.

I have a BNIB Sundown Audio SD 1 v.2 if you're interested. It's a d4 speaker and can be wired to a 2ohm load. I have two of these, PM me if you're interested.

Ill go check it out, how much you asking for it?

$75 shipped each.

I can find info on the SD1, and stuff about the preorder back when the v.2 was first introduced.

do you have any specs on the v.2? any pics?

oh, its a 10 huh? Im not gonna build a new box, Im gonna stick with looking for a 12. I think Im gonna try that RE as of now but ill still think about it over the next few days.

oh, its a 10 huh? Im not gonna build a new box, Im gonna stick with looking for a 12. I think Im gonna try that RE as of now but ill still think about it over the next few days.

Okay.

well, took a long time, but I just ordered the REX12 for her for part of her birthday, Ill let you know how it sounds when I get it in. hopefully it gets here before I go back east so I can get it in, otherwise it wont be installed until beginning of oct.

I was close to getting the diamond D1 second version (rubber surround and more xmax, then the v1, not the RE) but still went with the RE, I wish it had different style wiring terminals, but whatever.

Have you looked at AudioQue? They make a 12" SDC2.512 thats pretty cheap.

I am definately gonna look at the 1200D when it comes time to get my amp. sounds like a good price for the power