Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

match maker?

curious what pair of 15" sub woofers would thrive in a box that is about 7.5 cubes and tuned real low.....about 25hz..

Screams Mach 5 IXL 15"s To Me.

Screams Mach 5 IXL 15"s To Me.

^^X2 or Soundsplinter RL-p 15" D2 version

so the Mach 5 IXL 15.2 (2 @ $220 = $440) is quite a bit cheaper than the SoundSplinter RL-P 15" D2 (2 @ $310 = $620) $180 bucks different. but what does that mean product wise? i have been around car audio for a while but to just read the specs and form a opinion is not quite where i am at yet. the SoundSplinter has a little more Xmax than the Mach 5, and are about the same sensitivity. i truly do like the bass haveing the ability to get low......and i want to be able to be heard ..........i guess i dont have to use this box but just trying to feel my way through this thought process. is the differences $180 bucks different? i like the looks of the SoundSplinter and the xtra Xmax seems to be a good thing, i like the price of the Mach 5 though, sad but true money is part of the decision makeing process right now.

Can't Go Wrong With Either Company, But I Still Say Mach 5 IXL 15. With Either Company, You Get Great Engineering And Build Quality, Great Low End Extension On Those Woofers, And Great C/S.

And If Aesthetics Are Really That Important, Buy A Funky Pup. /endjoke.

Short And Sweet: Xmax Doesn't Mean Everything.

Also, You Shouldn't Feel The Need For You To Be Heard, It Should Be For Your Enjoyment, Not Others.

That May Be Hypocritical Coming From Me, My Motto: My Prescription Is Bass, And Others Hearing It Is A Side Effect.

Edited by BigCProductions99

"Can't Go Wrong With Either Company, But I Still Say Mach 5 IXL 15. With Either Company, You Get Great Engineering And Build Quality, Great Low End Extension On Those Woofers, And Great C/S"....................agree 100%

"And If Aesthetics Are Really That Important, Buy A Funky Pup. /endjoke.".................can see where you might not see the appeal, yet the looks tend to weigh in for my preferences.

"Short And Sweet: Xmax Doesn't Mean Everything".......................agree, just as short, not sure i mentioned it did, but okay.

"Also, You Shouldn't Feel The Need For You To Be Heard, It Should Be For Your Enjoyment, Not Others."...............this is probably where you truly lost me, if this was meant in humour, lol, if not i probably will not need more advice from your stand point alone, sorry.

"That May Be Hypocritical Coming From Me, My Motto: My Prescription Is Bass, And Others Hearing It Is A Side Effect. " ................this still gives me faith in you, i am into loud daily drivers, demostrating much respect for others, but there is a time and place for everything, and i try to be right in that crowd, streetbeaters and groundpounders ftw!

i havn't totally commited one way or the other, still leaning on the SoundSplinter side......my curiosity still lies within output, wondering which will get louder for me, granted both are nice just trying to figure out if $180 bucks more is going to be proven "woth it" to me. haven't heard from mrogowski yet, was sorta hopping he would chime in on the subject.

by the way your pop's truck and the story behind it, is pretty cool , i got a 85 regeal out there somewhere with a 455 rocket in it, would love to get it back.

It Really Probably Won't Matter, Either Driver Will Do The Job You Want It To Do. I Think On The Woofer Per Dollar Scale, The IXL Fits A Little Better.

In Regards To My Fourth Statement: and i want to be able to be heard <-- That's What I Was Referring To.

Yeah, It's Nice To Have That Truck Back, Can't Wait To Get It Finished, Thanks.

It Really Probably Won't Matter, Either Driver Will Do The Job You Want It To Do. I Think On The Woofer Per Dollar Scale, The IXL Fits A Little Better.

In Regards To My Fourth Statement: and i want to be able to be heard <-- That's What I Was Referring To.

Yeah, It's Nice To Have That Truck Back, Can't Wait To Get It Finished, Thanks.

thanks for your input, the mach 5 is still top of list ,due to the dollar, ( can't justify $180 for better looks) guess i will be planning accordingly.