Sign in to follow this  
hayslett

Kicker solo x

Hey what do you guys think of those? theres this guy with 2 12" solo x's .. hardest hittin i have ever heard.

Hey what do you guys think of those? theres this guy with 2 12" solo x's .. hardest hittin i have ever heard.

can get very loud...i'm not fond of giving them rms for daily...but they can even sound pretty good..

teh solo x in my truck sure does..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the few I have been around, move a ton of air, and in a violent manner,

I have not heard one in a solid daily install, but for daily I feel the L7 is more than enough,

on a side note, recently Grand Master on SD wrote that most of the L7 line was built to be optimized in a sealed enclosure, can anyone confirm that?

I have not heard one in a solid daily install, but for daily I feel the L7 is more than enough,

on a side note, recently Grand Master on SD wrote that most of the L7 line was built to be optimized in a sealed enclosure, can anyone confirm that?

what are you trying to say about the l7? taht they made it for a sealed enclosure? becaus emy buddy had 3 - 12" l7s in a ported box and it hit real hard ... plus I really dont think that the l7 has enough power, i think the solo x was a huge and AWESOME hit to the audio world ... have you heard about the mtx jackhammer?

what are you trying to say about the l7? taht they made it for a sealed enclosure? becaus emy buddy had 3 - 12" l7s in a ported box and it hit real hard ... plus I really dont think that the l7 has enough power, i think the solo x was a huge and AWESOME hit to the audio world ... have you heard about the mtx jackhammer?

I am not saying its made for sealed, but that I read from someone who is very knowledgeable about woofers said it, and don't worry I know very well what L7s do ported, I have helped on a fwe installs and listened to countless more,

who do you think has been rocking the "Crazy 8's" class? L7's ;) Alma Gates was putting up scary high numbers with L7 10's, Street C was won with L7s recently, not to mention Randy's 24 L7's in a FOCUS, yes you read that right, I got to sit in it plenty of times,

those 8's are now replaced with a single soloX 18, I believe he is working on passing the 150 mark on the new mic,

I have seen a decent amount of info about the MTX, to me it came off like a markeing stunt to show that they could build it, unless you are sponsered by them it will not be used in normal installs

L7's are very common in street competitors' vehicles. I've seen alot of power thrown at them and are some very nice subs.

Nothing can handle daily like my solo x's...its amazing.

L7's are very common in street competitors' vehicles. I've seen alot of power thrown at them and are some very nice subs.

Nothing can handle daily like my solo x's...its amazing.

x2!!

yes, the L7's (solobarics ingeneral) were indeed designed for smaller sealed enclosures...however, they really shine in ported ones!!

also, the street a world champ from last year used a pair of L7 10's to grab a 152+ legal. this year they are using s12x's.. he's done a 159+ already with his usaci set up...lol

and the jackhammer is indeed a marketing ploy...300pd sub? gotta have a 3/4 ton just ot haul it around

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I had a solo x 18 in my truck on 4500 watts rms and it sounded great. But it sucked as far as putting up numbers on the mic. It would only do around 150.4 on the new meter. I've not heard any of the 12's yet.

I had a solo x 18 in my truck on 4500 watts rms and it sounded great. But it sucked as far as putting up numbers on the mic. It would only do around 150.4 on the new meter. I've not heard any of the 12's yet.

legal?

also, what size box and tuning?

i recently did a 144.4 outlaw on the TL..with (a rated) 2800wrms. i'm looking to snag a 50..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It was in 11.5 cubes with 300 sq in port tuned to 56hz. Not legal, that was with the door open and the mic in the floorboard. It didn't hit near as hard sealed up.

It was in 11.5 cubes with 300 sq in port tuned to 56hz. Not legal, that was with the door open and the mic in the floorboard. It didn't hit near as hard sealed up.

well, that answers that...lol..

i'm going to be building either a 7.5ft^3 or 10ft^3 version here directly...probably tuned around 52-53hz with at least 200in^2 of port for comp and half that port with a 34-36 hz tuning for daily..

maybe..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

for most daily street applications, the regular L7 will suffice, but the Solo X isn't as sensitive, so it will need more power.

, but the Solo X isn't as sensitive, so it will need more power.

yeah..i'm learning that...lol...

in ur book, how does a 144.4 sound in 5.7ft^3 tuned to 36hz off a rated 2700-2800 wrms outlaw? the whole set up in sig...i'm just curious as to what a kicker guy thinks...

what would u change? remember, it's for both daily and comp...without adding more power (for right now)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: