Sign in to follow this  
danieln_88

Audioque hdc3

I was just wanting to get a little review from others that have an AQ or have had one in the past.

I just sold my RE's and I'm thinking AQ is going to be my next toy.

anything 1200w or less and they will sound great. anything abover 1200w and under ~2400w, they will be brute force loud and can use the copper coil version.

Anything over that and under 4,000w, get aluminum coil.

These subs are geared to be tuned high and still retain the low end due to their high excursion capabilities.

Tuning to 35hz is the lowest AQ recommends. 38-40hz is normally recommended.

anything 1200w or less and they will sound great. anything abover 1200w and under ~2400w, they will be brute force loud and can use the copper coil version.

Anything over that and under 4,000w, get aluminum coil.

These subs are geared to be tuned high and still retain the low end due to their high excursion capabilities.

Tuning to 35hz is the lowest AQ recommends. 38-40hz is normally recommended.

shizzon,

would you go with a hdc3 or a AA Mayhem?

its for a daily driver in a ex cab truck

i would go AQs because they are cheaper than most subs in it's class, immediate recone requests and i know their potential.

I've messed with AQs for few yrs now, i don't own their subs right now because i am on a different Team now but if i had no weight limit issue, i would still be using them.

i would go AQs because they are cheaper than most subs in it's class, immediate recone requests and i know their potential.

I've messed with AQs for few yrs now, i don't own their subs right now because i am on a different Team now but if i had no weight limit issue, i would still be using them.

ok and just from reading around ive kinda noticed that you seem to be the guro on AQ which is why i ask you. what do they like as far as box goes for an 18, and hz and power for a daily setup?

also, do you believe they are louder than a mayhem or btl, or you just prefer them because of your experience with them?

cuz i look at the price of the AQ and im so tempted to get it, but i loved my old 18inch BL's and i had it tuned at 33 so the high tuning from AQ sort of scares me off, know what i mean

the AQs have a 3" Xmech value, that's why you can tune high and still retain the low end.

For the utmost all around loud design for the 18, build 6 cubes NET tuned to 40hz.

I'll be honest, 40hz wont go earth shaking low, it'll audibly roll off around 32-33hz.

38hz tuning is great for loud street beating. 35hz is the lowest recommended for low end street beating. Any lower and you start sacrificing 50hz+ range.

the AQs have a 3" Xmech value, that's why you can tune high and still retain the low end.

For the utmost all around loud design for the 18, build 6 cubes NET tuned to 40hz.

I'll be honest, 40hz wont go earth shaking low, it'll audibly roll off around 32-33hz.

38hz tuning is great for loud street beating. 35hz is the lowest recommended for low end street beating. Any lower and you start sacrificing 50hz+ range.

awesome, and would the box size for 2 15's be 3-5? cuz i want it to be overall louder and more punch than a single BTL 18. and whats the safe daily power range for them

for a 15 is 4-4.5 NET per sub. 4 is the more ideal for best performance.

For copper coil-

~1200w for keeping it mainly in the xmax range for good sounds.

~1201-1800w for moderate clipping levels.

~1801-2400w for light clipping levels and for short durations such as a minute at a time.

~2401w+ no clipping and for short durations such as a minute at a time.

Aluminum coil-

up to 3,500w with light clipping.

~4,000w no clipping and for short durations.

Make sure you give the sub approx 2-4 weeks of break in time to properly allow all the spider layers to loosen up equally to obtain the best potential possible.

sweet thanks for the help man, im pretty dead set on these now....so bottom line, for what i want, 2 15's or 1 18?

i dont know how much power u plan on running but i can tell u that 1 18 vs 2 15s is a 50-50 chance and all comes down to install.

The 15s will rival an 18 the higher the ratio such as 4 15s vs 2 18s or 8 15s vs 4 18s and so on as long as the install is not a problem.

If u got plenty of room for the 18 and gots the power for whatever u are lookin for, i'd go single 18.

PS- if u lookin for over 2,000w constant output power.... go Aluminum Coil!

Otherwise... for constant use with that power, the copper coils will eventually just give up and start heating up.

I was just wanting to get a little review from others that have an AQ or have had one in the past.

I just sold my RE's and I'm thinking AQ is going to be my next toy.

i love my aq copper coils put 2000 watts to it daily and is beating strong if u really want to bump go with aluminum