altoncustomtech

A box calculator with CUT SHEETS

I'm posting this up again....... THIS time heavily revised, it now has slot port calculations, and CUT SHEETS! This EXCEL based box calculator will take your enclosure size, woofer displacement, the wood thickness you plan on using and the frequency you wish to tune it to and gives you the GROSS enclosure size, dimensions (Including CUSTOM dimensions in which you input two of the OUTSIDE measurements and it gives you the last one.) PLUS gives you the cutout sizes for each panel of the enclosure you just asked for....... I'm putting it out for real world testing to be sure the math is good and the cuts are helpful......... Let me know ASAP what you think and what problems or improvements there should be...... And please remember this whole thing is in it's infancy, its ergonomic usability is a little askew at first but it doesn't take long to get used to it and once I know it's all good and working and usable for anyone I'll make an actual program out of it......... Thanks and enjoy!!!

Here's the link: Box Calculator

And here's the same program with fractions instead of decimals for those who hate to do that conversion, the only problem is that EXCEL will only do one type of fraction at a time so they're all in 16ths of an inch, just divide down for 8th's 4th's and halves....

Fractions Sheets

Had to change a couple of things so the links above won't work......

Click here for the one with the fractions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0odkgiimgo/Box Calculator - Fractions.xls

And here for the standard one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

That is sweet! What are the tolerances if any?

That is sweet! What are the tolerances if any?

To the best of my knowledge..... none. But then again getting a **.682" cut on a piece of mdf is impossible with any tools most people will have at home... whether you download the standard version or the version with the fractions already figured for you the measurements have to be rounded a few thousandths of an inch one way or the other to get to a usable fraction to measure and cut by...... any differences in the measurements will be negligible by most all respects..... the only difference will be any bracing you want to add and that you can add yourself to the subwoofer displacement if you can accurately figure what you'll be putting in although I plan on figuring out a way to standardize the bracing figures and have the ability to add it in as well.....