Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

SAZ Amps

I was at a show this weekend and was gonna meet up with a friend up there. When I got there, my friend and his friend were working in the trunk of his car on his amps. I asked what was wrong and he said that his amps were clipping, so he was unstrapping them. Then he said that the Sundown amps perform better unstrapped. He had them strapped at one ohm, and unstrapped at .5 each and said they do better unstrapped...I'm not too sure on his electrical by the way.

So my question is, is what I was told true?

Thanks.

Alot of people refer to an amp going into Protect as clipping. Which is not the same. Strapped vs un-strapped depends on the set-up. It might be better un-strapped in his case.

Depends... I've had the amps strapped in every setup in the Jeep and don't have any problems. Varies by setup.

Alot of people refer to an amp going into Protect as clipping. Which is not the same. Strapped vs un-strapped depends on the set-up. It might be better un-strapped in his case.

Depends... I've had the amps strapped in every setup in the Jeep and don't have any problems. Varies by setup.

I know it depends on a lot of different things. But I have a feeling that something else was going on besides the amps being strapped.

Sign in to follow this